Posts by PolkManiac

I personally do not like the UE6000 or UE9000 after some time with them, although they're very good for what they are.  If you really like those UE cans then I doubt you'll like the PSB, as they're very different.   The UE cans are more warm sounding and I tend to like a more neutral or even a bit forward sound with more excitement.  But I don't want something that's bright either, so something like the Grado cans are out.  I want something in the middle and the PSB...
I don't find the PSB to sound clinical at all. They have a flat signature to them and sound accurate, but don't have the sterile sound that some gear has. I find them very fun to listen to. Keep in mind that this is all in active mode where the 'Room Feel' kicks in and the bass gets kicked up a notch. They have an even more flat response in passive mode but don't excite me there. If you're looking for passive only I actually prefer the M100
I thought I'd post this here instead of over in the V-Moda M100 thread.  But since it's come up here before, I've had the M100 for a couple days now and have had a chance to compare it to the M4U2.   The M100 is a good sounding headphone and has a thinner profile vs the PSB when you're wearing it.  I would also argue that the build quality is better on the V-Moda but only time will tell and PSB seems to have resolved the issues on their end.  In terms of sound, the...
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!   Thanks
Wow, very odd responses...I'm half sorry I asked.    The reason I would expect the responses here to be better, or more valuable to me anyway, than the reviews on the Apple site is because THATS WHAT WE DO HERE.  We are a specialized forum that talks about headphones.  There are specialized forums about all kinds of topics all over the internet, where people ask specific questions every day.  There are THOUSANDS of threads on here of people asking 'what should I buy'...
Im sorry, do I know you?  I assume so since you feel comfortable making personal attacks.  My remark stands as posted.  I'm not saying that NOBODY who buys from Apple knows sound, but the general public does not have the same appreciation or understanding of sound that we do, otherwise there would be 300 million members of this forum...   By the way, take a look at the reviews of the Bose headphones on the Apple site.  According to the reviews on that site, ALL 3 pair of...
The problem there is that most people wouldn't know good sound if it bit them in the ass, which is why I'm asking here on a specialized forum vs reading reviews from a bunch of people who don't know squat.     Thanks for the input so far though, looking into the sugggestions above.
I'm still loving my PSBs.  Mine do have the cracking issue and I need to get them replaced, but seems that PSB is on top of the issue with a fix, all I need to do is get them replaced.   These still aren't the final word in detail, but their overall sound is just spectacular, and I enjoy listening to them more than other cans that may provide better detail.
I"m trying to build a good portable setup, and am looking for IEMs that will work well with an iPod.  I have an iPod classic and have swapped out the drive with a 250GB drive that I have loaded with lossless audio.  I"m wanting the best sound I can get driven directly from an iPod, not looking to carry around an amp, not even something small like the CMOY designs.   I currently have a pair of PSB M4U2 headphones that I drive from the iPod and they sound SUPERB, but I...
OK I've got pictures uploaded, see link below.  I did my best to get good pics but if you want to see a particular angle differently let me know.   https://picasaweb.google.com/Danny.Scarbrough/HD600?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIWJps23ksqy4QE&feat=directlink