Posts by PolkManiac

Is there a thread somewhere with reviews only?  I'd like to provide my thoughts and compare with others as well, but don't want to wade through 694 pages to do so.
Hello all, I've got a pair of these headphones for sale.  I've posted my thoughts on these a couple times here and elsewhere, they're wonderful headphones.   The reason I'm selling these is that I recently bought another pair in white and I don't need two pair.  These are an early production run pair and do have the cracking headband issue that existed on those early models.  I'm therefore having PSB replace these, and will have the replacement from them in a couple...
Yeah I think how they fit has a great deal of impact on how they sound.  I have smalle ears and they fit well inside the cups, so they are truly around the ear for me.  I did play with the positioning though and got them to sit on my ears on one side and it has a material impact on the sound.  So here's my conclusion:   If these happen to fit you correctly they have a superb sound, but given their size the fit can be problematic for people with larger ears and that...
These will likely be too small for you
Good point jerg, and I should note that I'm not always on the same page as Tyll. He generally seems to like a more laid back sound than I do so on some headphones that causes a difference of opinion. I'm with him 100% on this one though, same applies to his M100 review.
The timing of Tyl's review is interesting given that I just pulled these back out a couple days ago and decided to give them another chance.  I purchased them when they were released and did let them burn in for about 10 hours before deciding that they were good, but not as much so as the PSB M4U2 I've been rocking for a few months.  I also got the M100 recently as well and still the PSB in active mode were my preferred headphone.   I pulled the Momentum and the M100...
I"m assuming then that you listened to the Pulse headset and didn't like it???  There's really no comparison between this and the headset you linked, everything is much improved on this set.   I think the bass reproduction is actually quite good, without the bassimpact feature.  I don't like that feature and keep it turned off, but can see where some people may like it.   For $150 I don't think you can find anything that's close to these in terms of features and...
I picked up a pair of these yesterday, and have to admit that I'm very pleasantly surprised.  They're great for gaming obviously, but the surprise is how good they are for music as well.  They're not going to replace my PSBs anytime soon, but they are surprisingly good for music.   A couple notes of interest:   -  These come with a 3.5 cable so that they can be used with virtually any audio source -  The wireless transmitter (USB) also has an input for the 3.5m...
I've got them both right here beside me, and while the 1 isn't broken in yet, early indications are that they're going to sound very similar if not the same when in passive mode.   The M4U2 in active mode without NC is still the best sound to my ears.
I would argue that the M100s scale better as you add an amp, or at least with the amps I have.  If you're going with an amp, then the M100 may be better than the PSB.  However, if you're adding an amp then I'd argue there are better options than both the M100 and PSB.  My HD600 for example can be had for about the same price as either and is better than both IMO.   For me where the PSB shine (and where they're at their best) is in active mode driven from an iPod....