Posts by snakesoul

Alright, think i got it :) thanks once again for your help. Will leave "gain" off.Thank you so much for your help PurpleAngel
Hi PurpleAngel,   Thanks you so much for your help and advice. One more question i forgot to mention, how about the "gain" button? Should i leave it on or off? The sound difference is huge for me, between turning it on or leave it off... The sound becomes much more louder...
Sorry for the late reply,     So i ordered the O2 and just got it.. First impressions, it's a small and well built amp :) (well can't actually compare to any other since it's my first one). I did feel the difference between with amp and without it (gaming and music for the 5 minutes i turned it on). Not a big difference, but i think with time my ears will get used to it. But know i got some questions i would like you to help me solve: 1- In the package there was a...
  Thanks for your help PurpleAngel, I'm going to read those links you posted, but i think i'm going to order the O2. I think it's a best bet for me and my needs.If only i didn't had xonar dx i would order creative's, and i think it would be a good bet also..I liked how magni looked, but O2 it have also a great look (and i'm more interested in the sound actually, than the looks...)For the cable, i think i'm going to ask to Oliver if there's some cable to connect to, if not...
Hi kraken, From you POV which one is better? Magni or O2?Wow as much as i love the looks of magni, it's too expensive to send to my country (£40?\66$)...
So i've been reading some more and doing some research, and before i order, i would like you to help me please:   1 - So from what i've been reading, sennheiser hd 558, are between 50 (can go) to 80 Ohms, so from my math it would be: 50/8= 6,25 Ohms to 80/8= 8Ohms, is this correct? If so i would benefit from O2 amp since output impedance is >0.5. Creative output impedance are +/- 22Ohms, so there's a big difference between the output impedance from my cans and the...
Well i also think it will be a great combo. Thanks for your help.Meanwhile, until i get it (i already e-mail them to ask how much it will cost to deliver it to my country), can i still use the DX+558's? I know i can use them, but my question is, does it somehow damage the headphones? So far i can only stand the volume low (sound about 18% to 25% on windows\asus driver)My settings are:Windows playback devices - 7.1 -Asus xonar audio center:channels - 8Sampling rate - pcm...
Hi PurpleAngel,Thanks for your patience and help.I'm really leaning for O2 + Asus xonar dx, since i think it's a better option for long term use, and also O2 will provide me a better experience with its lowest output impedance (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)Hmm selling 558's it's not a chance for now, since I only have them for less than a week..If only I knew I could have bought a new superlux 681 from a friend of mine (I know I can't compare comfort between these...
 Hi PurpleAngel,Thanks once again for your help.Oh come on man, feel pity for my wallet But now seriously, i don't think i won't upgrade any time soon to a new pair of cans... Especially because and since i use them for gaming, i don't think i will need to upgrade (but that i'll leave to time to tell me if i should or not).So i guess i'll give creative z a shot and then when i have a bit more money i bet on the EPH-O2.Is this a good idea?Thanks in advance,
@JoyboyP, well never messed up with EQ really, since i play games, i think i should leave it default (only touched it when hearing some music). @PurpleAngel, Thanks for your help, creative had so many problems (software and hardware), that my choice a few years ago was to go for the asus xonar dx. BTW from what i read, xonar dg is the only one with built in headphone amp? Well i see what you're saying about the O2 (EHP-02), and that could be a possibility (but in a...