Posts by Airlight

Honestly I wouldn't sweat the MK2 opportunity lost. I have 3 Classics, and they have more differences between them frequency response-wise than I've seen indicated from GR07 MK1 to MK2. Not sure how much stock one should put into the MK1 vs MK2 differences that were reported, particularly the part about sibilance being slightly reduced, when I've got a pair of Classic GR07 that are extremely sibilant, and one pair which sounds much closer to flat and much more polite in...
Wonderful sounding track/album on the GR07 for the prog-metal inclined: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFpPqvEV2O0
No problem. I hope whatever decision you make works out. :)
So I've done some tests with using different tips in either ear and estimating the difference in FR by mono-ing a song in an audio app, and panning left and right to see how each ear/tip sound, aswell as subjective tests with normal listening.   - The widest bore tips I have that work on the GR07 (wider bore tips generally are too wide for the GR07 nozzle to stay on) are a grey pair I got with some other IEMs. Not sure that model. They result in very treble-rich and...
It definitely sounds like it works against you in some fundamental ways. Unfortunately EQing is probably the only way to deal with it, and you'd probably need a parametric EQ where you could dial in specific frequencies. I don't think a 10-band EQ would be enough to properly target the 6 and 10K peaks, since they're quite narrow, the first one generally seeming to reach from about 6.5K to just a bit over 7 like you say.   Don't have any tips for you I'm afraid. If you...
 I own 3 pairs, 2 blue and one Maroon colored. Use them all the time as my main IEM. I don't think there's really a good way to target those frequencies specifically. Using slightly narrower diameter tips should make the treble a bit more tamed, but that will lower it on the whole, and you'll lose some of the "air". My maroon pair is slightly less crackly in the 6KHz area up top, though seems to have some air still. I note that the maroon colored versions of the GR07 seem...
Just got my 3rd pair of GR07 Classics. Hopefully I will have these in my life one way or another for a long time.   Every time I listen to these I fall in love with them all over again.
Thought I'd add to the appreciation-side of the thread, so I figured I'd take a beauty shot of my new DT880/250s. Camera used is a Nikon D5100. They are not ugly, that is for sure.     (Full resolution: http://imgur.com/xZnovWq)
 For some situations I can see a bit more isolation being nice. Honestly I love the open feel of them. I cannot really stand longer periods with isolating IEMs, they feel so shut off and sometimes create a sucking vacuum feel. Plus the open sound the GR07s get really makes sure the dynamics aren't held back, and the bass sounds unrestricted and not "stuffy" as if air is trapped and woofing between your eardrum and the IEM. And yeah, their drum and guitar presentation is...
 Somehow I missed your post. Not too big differences. The new pair seems about 1 dB or so louder (relatively) in the 20Hz - 1 KHz and around the mid area. And the 6.5KHz peak is slightly less prominent, maybe 1 dB or so. They are still textured pretty much identically, just a slight difference in frequency response. Drivers are very well matched aswell with virtually no left/right differences across the spectrum. Also this is only relative to my pair, your pair might be...