Posts by Airlight

Well, VSonic are an OEM manufacturer as far as I know, so it may be true that the majority of their business goes to manufacturing for other companies, thus they have a stable baseline and can work on their own products in a slightly more relaxed way. They also have shown with newer models the same type of aggressive pricing, like the VSD3 IEM which comes with a detachable cable for around the $50 mark.   Also after a few years of producing it, they may simply have...
All information available indicates that they are the exact same earphone, same driver, same materials, same design, cable, connector, the works.   I believe they reduced the price of it to keep it relevant (not sure that was needed but cannot complain), and they also don't include the myriad of different tips they used to (now 3 silicon, 1 foam I believe).   Also FYI, lendmeurears has the Classics for 99$ and free worldwide shipping for VSonic products, (or so I...
Hope it works out for you Skies. Also hopefully you can find some narrower tips to soften them somewhat if necessary.
Honestly I wouldn't sweat the MK2 opportunity lost. I have 3 Classics, and they have more differences between them frequency response-wise than I've seen indicated from GR07 MK1 to MK2. Not sure how much stock one should put into the MK1 vs MK2 differences that were reported, particularly the part about sibilance being slightly reduced, when I've got a pair of Classic GR07 that are extremely sibilant, and one pair which sounds much closer to flat and much more polite in...
Wonderful sounding track/album on the GR07 for the prog-metal inclined: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFpPqvEV2O0
No problem. I hope whatever decision you make works out. :)
So I've done some tests with using different tips in either ear and estimating the difference in FR by mono-ing a song in an audio app, and panning left and right to see how each ear/tip sound, aswell as subjective tests with normal listening.   - The widest bore tips I have that work on the GR07 (wider bore tips generally are too wide for the GR07 nozzle to stay on) are a grey pair I got with some other IEMs. Not sure that model. They result in very treble-rich and...
It definitely sounds like it works against you in some fundamental ways. Unfortunately EQing is probably the only way to deal with it, and you'd probably need a parametric EQ where you could dial in specific frequencies. I don't think a 10-band EQ would be enough to properly target the 6 and 10K peaks, since they're quite narrow, the first one generally seeming to reach from about 6.5K to just a bit over 7 like you say.   Don't have any tips for you I'm afraid. If you...
 I own 3 pairs, 2 blue and one Maroon colored. Use them all the time as my main IEM. I don't think there's really a good way to target those frequencies specifically. Using slightly narrower diameter tips should make the treble a bit more tamed, but that will lower it on the whole, and you'll lose some of the "air". My maroon pair is slightly less crackly in the 6KHz area up top, though seems to have some air still. I note that the maroon colored versions of the GR07 seem...
Just got my 3rd pair of GR07 Classics. Hopefully I will have these in my life one way or another for a long time.   Every time I listen to these I fall in love with them all over again.