Posts by Airlight

Just a quick chime in.   New HE-400i owner.   Really liked them.   Removed cloth on grille.   Am now going to marry them.   Fantastic sound with the cloth removed.
 LMUE posted an update today, pre-order will be on the 24th...? I read it a few hours ago, check their facebook for the correct info. :)
 The VSD5 does not come with detachable cables. The design looks a lot like the VSD3 which comes/came in both detachable and non-detachable versions. The removable cables for the VSD3 have a proprietary connector, similar but not identical to standard MMCX connectors.
 Let us know what you find. Others report they find the Klipsch ovals to be muffling, I think that might be if one goes directly from well-used VSD5 with other tips to the Klipsch tips, the direct contrast sounds like someone brought down the EQ on the treble a couple dB. Hopefully some time with the new tip should line it up nicely.
 I have some biflanges, but I've not tried them with the VSD5, primarily since the Klipsch biflanges tend to need quite deep insertion and not sure the VSD5s rigid design would allow as much freedom over insertion angle as an Etymotic or other standard narrow design. As for the treble being brought down, it definitely is, but I'd really recommend spending some time with it. If you find the normal VSD5 sound to be well-balanced (I found them slightly too much on the bright...
I just had one of those moments where you're absolutely floored with what you're hearing.   VSD5 + Klipsch large single flange tip + Etymotic 75ohm adapter.   I prefer this over my GR07s, no doubt. Also prefer this over my Noble 4U, which is $450. The VSD5 is immensely detailed, and effortlessly picks out sounds, the GR07 probably keeps up as far as decay and detailing is concerned, but the VSD5 becomes perceptually even slightly less harsh/peaky in the treble with the...
I own both aswell.   VSD5 has better soundstaging and depth. Also VSD5 lacks the 6K peak and seems more linear overall in the treble, there is a slight peak in the 9-10K region it seems, but it isn't quite as noticeable or atleast easy to spot as the GR07 and its 6K and 10K, and sometimes 13-14K peak, can be.   I use the VSd5 with Klipsch narrow-bore tips which actually makes them a slightly more fuller Gr07 in FR balance, but they still have excellent texturing and...
As far as I remember the Klipsch S4 was slightly harsher in the treble to my ears, the treble peak I remember on them was narrower and more piercing. The GR07 has better, more natural crisp texture and while it occasionally shoves it in your face, I find it unobtrusive a lot of the time. For what it's worth.
The sound tube for the VSD5 seems to be one piece of plastic as far as I can tell. Yeah, the Klipsch tips require a bit of force to get on, it helps if you've used them before so they're a bit worn in.
If anyone has some thin-bore Klipsch oval type tips (google Köipsch oval for pictures), I can really, really recommend them for the VSD5. I had to use a smaller size oval since the bigger one didn't allow me as much room to position the opening inside my ear, causing it to fire slightly to the side and lessening the treble a bit, but I use a smaller oval and put a wide bore tip inside it on the stem to increase the width there for a good seal.   They bring the treble...