Posts by Airlight

How the heck does one retain the bit of info that Bruce Willis is a lefty? I had no idea, never thought about his preferred side for strangling terrorists. ;)
Great recommendation. I've listened a bit to Ne'O and I wholeheartedly agree that their production is awesome. Lovely timbre to drums, the cymbal hits especially, the opening acoustic guitar and the violin. They preserved alot of dynamic range aswell so everything is very open.   Glad you found a way to make them work. I got my 4th pair a few days ago and I need to get more hours on it, but it's currently slightly more low-mid-centric than 2 other brighter pairs I have,...
Recommended listening. This track is produced, mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap, who is a bit of a genius when it comes to metal productions, his mixes are always superb. He has a great sense of tone for the guitars and bass, and in particular his drums are amazing-sounding, tight, well-equalized, and snappy. That snare drum... Not my main preferred genre of metal but this track just has a great energy and the enjoyment of these old guys is just infectious (Bruce Willis on...
For me personally, the grainy quality one might hear from the GR07 is basically them accurately reproducing every little bump and nook in the waveform, where as other smoother IEMs almost go over the audio with a sandpaper and minimizing the texture of the sound (which some prefer obviously).   Skies, if you have Terminator 2 available on your computer, play the minigun scene with the GR07 and the original tips. That scene was a bit of a revelation for me. When you've...
Good to hear, glad you didn't regret the decision. :)
Hey. I was listening mainly on my right ear where the earpiece is still functioning. ;)   Lendmeurears right now is great if you want a GR07 with the discount. I have a silver one ordered aswell. :)
Sure. My S4i is about to give up, left earpiece is about 10% of the right in volume.   But generally, The S4i and the GR07 CE aren't terribly different in terms of overall balance. The GR07 CE to me is a bit flatter, the S4i feels a bit more emphesized in the higher treble, where the GR07 has a bit more body.   However the GR07 has more lively, rippling detail over the entire spectrum, and it is more aggressively textured, it really puts small nuances very in your...
I see what you mean Snails. I use the small tips that came with the Classics. After a while they just becomes slick enough where they don't really attach to the ear canal. I guess either a smaller tip to not have the ear canal pushing them out as easily, a larger tip to allow for a sturdier fit, or try 3rd party tips that may have a slightly "rougher" surface and doesn't slide out as easily.
So then the question is... A 4th pair of GR07 Classics? Choices, choices.
I think Skies saying "no old or new tuning" was meant from a design and technical aspect. At the same time, like you said autoexec, to what degree the cable made a difference is debatable, considering how much variance there can be within the exact same product/specs/materials with everything identical. Unless someone gets hold of 3-4 Mk2s and 3-4 Classics and does a comparison with more datapoints it will be almost impossible to know for sure. For the record I've never...