or Connect

Posts by Airlight

I realize I don't remember where I got these tips from. They were likely bundled with some other IEM at some point. Sorry. :) I do like the VSD3S more with wider bore tips that give some extra air between the eardrum and driver.
  New VSD3S. Kodak Film.   Full size: http://i.imgur.com/u5uKOAn.jpg
 Definitely agree. I'd love to see Vsonic put out a great earphone with a Sony EX1000-inspired screw-on MMCX cable, that securely locks into place and won't allow any movement. Or something similar.
Regarding the earguides, if you can find tape that will adhere to the earguide material, you could probably place 2-3 thin strips of tape around the beginning and end of the tube to avoid the cable jumping out. I like Vsonic not permanently attaching the earguides, since you could replace it with another one if desired. :)
 VSD5 is quite treble happy, so I'd say the "new vsd3s" is your best best, though the original VSD3 (not S) might have a bit more bass emphasis than the S version. I've not heard the VSD1 however, so that might possibly be closer in terms of frequency response.
Has anyone using Noble IEMs tried the Etymotic adapter/resistor cable with their IEM to see how the tuning changes? I have an ER4 aswell hence the adapter.   The Noble 4 that I own gets a more mid-centric sound that I've grown to love even over the stock tuning. I don't believe there's any harm to using this kind of adapter to alter the frequency response either.   Just curious.
I posted my review of the pre-release version I was sent, I agree with most here that there's a lot of like if the frequency response is in your sweetspot: http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-zero-iem/reviews/16251
I've had the Zero for a few weeks now, and my impressions should hopefully be posted in a few days at most. They're quite positive despite the Shozy Zero not really being my preferred signature or presentation.   I had the opportunity to snap a picture of them on film rather than digital, so I thought I'd share it for those that like the design and look of them.  
  I checked my Silver GR07 (owned them about 18 months I think), and mine also have a crack around the same area. Both L and R actually. Never noticed it before. So far no change in sound noticed.
Likewise, checking my mailbox everyday. ;)