Posts by Airlight

I've owned the Universal Noble 4 since early January.   Wow. These continue to blow me away in terms of the combination of just downright impressive clarity throughout, excellent punch, neutral FR, and awesomely natural, expansive soundstaging. One thing I really like about them being universal is the changes in sound you can produce with various tips, to suit your tastes.   With certain tracks and the right tips these little guys feel an order of magnitude more...
 Thanks, glad I could be of potential help. :)
I just recently got a pair of Noble 4 Universals after some very kind help from Mr Mason.   In short, I love them. The clarity throughout is superb, and the presentation is so wonderfully neutral, spacious and detailed, with still a slightly dry texture to give some slight bite to the edge texture. This is the first headphone where binaural stuff really sounds like you are in the room in an extremely convincing, can't-help-but-smile sort of way. At times with...
 That will be my new benchmark for fit.  - The fit and comfort of these is great.- Ok, but if possible I'd like to clarify, can I specifically get hit by a car wearing these, and still enjoy my music in the enduing aerial escapade?- ... What?- Well, it's a simple question really. And we are of course taking as a given that the DAP might, or let's face it, most probably WILL get crushed, along with my femur, as the fender of the offender collides with my ... rear......
 Thanks. :)As for the SoundMagic E30, it's less detailed, not as clear and more weighted towards the lower half of the spectrum. It's more of a conventional Dynamic driver, warm, fairly bassy, pretty even FR but not close to the same detail and decay as the VSD5.
 For my tastes, the GR07 still has qualities that the VSD5 don't have. I still prefer the GR07 over the VSD5, and would perhaps not consider the VSD5 an absolute replacement. The GR07 sounds more effortless, if that makes sense. It's more dynamically open throughout the register, and it has a slightly softer/more transparent lower range, making the VSD5 sound somewhat harder/tighter, but also a bit less dynamic and effortless in that area. Treble detailing is similar I'd...
Not entirely. The tracking link on LMUE did specify when it reached sweden, but after that it was not specific where it was located until i got a package pickup slip in my mail.
Resolution seems on par to me, i will have to do some back and forth to be certain though. I got a feeling of a BA driver when listening to them. I went back from vsd5 to my new noble 4 universal, and honestly felt the vsd5 has an edge over them in some respects, they sound similarly dry and detailed, textured and open, only vsd5 is less neutral and slightly more v-shaped than the noble4 (treble especially is certainly sloped up a bit). Quite close in overall sound, minus...
Will do, I'm one of those guys who don't see burn in as mostly anything other than your brain adjusting to the sound signature and becoming more and more intimately connected to the IEM. I wanted these to be very sober first thoughts as analytical as possible.   I will say though, these are fabulous. They are everything the GR07 are, just with slightly different proportions. brimming with texture and detail, a tighter mid-section, making drums seem slightly more tightly...
I'm listening to mine right now, got them today.   Sorry for the stream of consciousness layout. Not tried different tips yet so this is just with the same tips I used for the GR07.     Really impressed with the sound, very dry and excellent decay to my ears. Dynamic range is not quite as wide as the GR07, not as dynamically transparent and unrestrained in that regard. This also makes the VSD5 not quite as in your face, which seems to help with more realistic room...