or Connect

Posts by chrismini

No man, there's no such thing as being "late" and posting in the new members thread doesn't mean squat. It's just a good way to introduce yourself to the members of the forum and that's about it. BTW welcome to the forum. 
Welcome to the forum! You can and will learn a lot from our members. A word to the  wise: don't take everything you read as manifest. I hate to say it, but there are a lot of folks who don't have a clue as to what they're talking about. Do independent research before you take any action or make any purchases. There's an old saying: opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one and a lot of them stink. That being said most of the people on these forums are good, well...
Jesca Hoop solo on NPR singing "Enemy" from her 1st record. ​
Well it's not like your starting at the bottom, like cheesy Beats and an antiquated iPhone. I've been a audiophile since 1976 and the only reason I've embraced headphones is I live in a small house with a girlfriend and in order to survive for a year I sold off what was worth almost $70,000 worth of gear, almost half of that in a record(vinyl) collection. You're using gear I can only dream about. My system: HiFiMAN HE-400 HP's with custom cables AKG K702 HP's HeadRoom...
Hello Deborah. Welcome to the forum. Are these Denon's the $55 portable model?
https://g.co/kgs/3bzqpO Frank Zappa's The Yellow Shark. When he got the news he was dying he devoted the last year or so of his life to adapting his work into the classical format. I believe that if Frank were alive back in the 18th or 19th centuries he would have been a Mozart, a Beethoven, a Brahms, Vivaldi, etc.
Mid-70's progressive rock. Yes, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Pink Floyd, Genesis(Gabriel and early Collins), Supertramp, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Hawkwind(space rock), Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Van der Graaf Generator, etc.
There are tons of gear specifically designed to filter RF and EMI as well perform as spike and surge protectors for audio gear. I wouldn't plug a 20 year old coffee maker in a device like that. And those $20 Home Depot specials are useless. And units designed to protect computers do more harm than good. You get what you pay for. PS Audio Power Plants are the best but the cheapest is $2500. 
I had a P300 a long time ago. My entire system was almost $40,000. They deliver, but the cheapest one is $2500. I wouldn't spend that much on any system less than 20K. The power port outlets are beautiful and top quality, but they really don't make any real improvement in your sound unless you have a 20 year old corroded outlet with dried paint in it. Go to an electronic supply company and get a hospital grade outlet for $20. You'll know it by the green dot on it.
  I don't know man. There's on online shop I've been doing business with for years (HeadRoom) and when I picked up the HE-400's, $299 as they were in the process of being discontinued, the head technician I've been sorta "online friends" with implored me to fork out the extra 10 bucks for the velours as, not only would they be more comfortable, they would really resolve some bass issues. So when I got them and let 'em burn in with about 100 hours of pink and brown...