Posts by UNIFi

I own the TH600... not sure I'm the one who should be questioned about not hearing a headphone, it appears you haven't heard the DX1000 and desire to comment like an expert. Something you've done in the past If I recall.     The impact of the DX1000, TH600 are not huge. The Signature DJ impacts more. The TH600 has more audible bass quantity, but like you say less impact. The TH600 bass is more impactful compared to most of the other ones in my list - again compared to...
Even though its a ok to think its the best for you, this review comes across as pure fanboyism without balance or almost as if it he was paid to overhype it. The HE560 is no doubt an amazing can but this review lacks the ability to really quantify its qualities and how it truly stacks up with other cans.   This must be the first person I've seen say that the TH900 has really weak bass, it has more bass than any of the other hifimans I've ever tried.   If you look at...
Hahaha, the DX1000 bass is not close to being the most intense of any phone, the JVC SZ2000 would be the one you are thinking of. The DX1000 has well extended bass, but it is not even more in quantity than the TH600, while also having rather emphasized midrange. The treble isn't too rolled either. The signature DJ bass is strong, but not much stronger than a TH600 either. I consider the TH600 bass strong, Sennheisers, Grades etc are not bass less either in my view. I...
1. JVC DX1000 2. Audeze LCD2 Rev 2 (non fazor 2012 model) 3. Alpha Dog 4. Ultrasone Signature DJ 5. Sennheiser HD650 6. Fostex TH600 7. Audio Technica W1000X 8. Bushmills Grado   Based on how much time I spend with each.
Sadly I didn't - it wasn't a compulsory subject here in Australian high school curriculum (year 7-12). Enlighten us on why the PM-1 needs to be nearly twice the cost for Europeans and the british? I can understand the Australian pricing based on GST, Import Duty, Import Taxes, shipping etc. EDIT: Sorry, double posted by accident...
Whoops my bad, the LCDX is $2200 odd.
Here in Australia, there is a brick and mortar store in Melbourne that sells them in person as far as I'm aware. Their facebook page has them with the stock - ready to demo, I assume. I've not been there, but my brother has and they have hundreds of headphones out to display. Their price is $1699 AUD and the tax rate in this country is 10% of the price of the product, so take out the $169.90 or and we meet the figure of $1529.10. Adjusting our currency to the USD yeilds...
V200/V800 Combo was what used. It sounded acceptable to my ears even out of a "lowly" Audio GD 15.32.
I had a demo of the HD800 today, with a variety of songs. They were Submotion Orchestra - Backchat The Future Sound of London - Lifeform Ends Howard Shore - Helms Deep Russell Brower - New Tristam Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King Pink Floyd - Money Om - Haqq Al-Yaqin Alice in Chains - Over Now (acoustic)   I wished I could have tried out more, as the HD800 lived up all the hype...
I'm 27, and overall in good health apart from one thing - mild tinnitus. My tinnitus did not come from headphones, but came from performing in a heavy metal band on guitar, back in my high school and young adulthood up till the age of 20 years old. I also went to a lot of heavier concerts and also dance clubs. Now I have always worn molded earplugs, even during concerts - I have developed tinnitus over the years. My case is that my tinnitus only readily worsens when I'm...