Posts by speedracer1

NICE,   Let's call it  "Black Ops Special Edition".  I would say very nondescript or stealth but with the light show the Hugo puts on it's not really the case.  It should look nice with the black leather case. Phil take some pics with the Black Hugo and the Black leather case combo.  Does it have that "sparkle" like the sliver case or is it more of a mat finish?  When is this "bad-boy" going to be available in the US of A? -Speed...
I'm in agreement with my-2000.  I find the differences between the Cord Hugo and the AK 240 are even greater now with the software upgrade(1.16) then before when I was running 1.15. I also have the Shure SE 846 and the the bass is not as impactfull.  Maybe AK  is  busying tuning to the completely unrealistic sounds of the JH Roxannes!!  Since they are using them as references.   Unless you bring the volume up the bass is missing.  Since I have the Hugo and use the AK240 as...
I've listen to it and the improvements are throughout the entire frequency spectrum  To me the greatest improvements / difference is in the mid-range.  Sounds really good... Clearly the bass is tighter and the attack is improved.  I haven't gotten the mod myself yet as I'm breaking in the AK240 at the moment. Oh but I will... Sincerely, -Speed 
+1  Checking out the K10 myself next week for a few day trial but wanted to know about the Translucent. I already have the Shure SE-846 great IEM's
Hi,   I have the Shure SE 846's.  I was really looking for a longer cable then the 48" cable you have but willing to compromise for price. My offer for the cables is $ 60 dollars and I willing to pick up the shipping cost.  I'm in the USA.   Sincerely, -Speed 
Yup, I agree with Al regarding how good the iPhone 5 is with the Onkyo HF Player installed using the Cord Hugo of course...Amazing really... I've done alot of critical listening and comparison with many "front-end" UI to feed the Hugo including the AK 240, AK 120, AK 100, iBasso DX90, and finally the iPhone 5 (with Onkyo HF Player).  Its not my top pick regarding sound quality but it's dam close to the top of all these units I've listen too.     Sincerely, Speed
I'm in strong agreement with kkcc..."more minimalistic" is my view exactly. Black no handle or flaps please!!! Just a very good high quality leather hide that is well refined and designed to protect the unit itself is all that I need.  A thin plastic cover that wont discolor with age to protect the 2 plastic lens would be nice.  The volume control should be the only thing exposed.  I already use a very well padded travel bag and don't want to bring any more attention to a...
Dialing-in the "right" sound takes time and a lot of trial and error.  Since I grew up with music (my dad and entire family all playing musical instruments) it can be frustrating to find the "right" equipment and matching. I've been away from the forum since it was shut down a few weeks ago.  I was wondering about the black portable case for the Hugo.  As I'm a major commuter it may help me at least better protect my investment. I'm not sure if you did or didn't post any...
Just a funny side note first...I attended the April 5th audio show on Long Island NY and spend a great deal of time (that day) listening to the AK240, 120 and 100 units.  Then Jude handed me his personal Hugo and said "hey give this a listen".  Well the rest was history for me the Hugo is an amazing piece of portable equipment and it was then I decided to build my portable system around a reference portable DAC...   Regarding the Shure SE-846's I commute to/from work...
CosmicHolyGhost,   I've got to take a few shots of my portable rig and post them on headfi.  I have something very close to your set-up (AK240, Hugo, Sysconcepts 1300 strand 24/192) but I'm using the Shure SE-846 IEM instead.  I've hear many IEM's some costing much more then the Shure SE-846's.  I was wondering if you had a chance to listen to them and compare to what you have?   Sincerely, Speed...