Posts by speedracer1

bmichels, I have listened to the Hugo with my Fostex TH-900 with the silver dragon V3 moon audio cable mod for about a year now.  I had two opportunities to have extended listening sessions with the HE-1000's.  I've just sold my Fostex cans last week!  The HE-1000 with the Cord Hugo combination is a "big" improvement in overall sound quality. The pairing is actually very good and the power level I listen to with the Cord Hugo is 5 or 6 colors (volume levels) below the top...
   Gentlemen, I understand your questions and I will make sure that after I get the AK-380 to factor in your requests in my evaluation.  Please keep the questions coming...  Sincerely,-Speed
AK-240 with Hugo Combination vs. AK380:   I will be picking up a brand new AK-380 on or around July 10th and I will have 30 days to evaluate it.  I will purchase it assuming it proves to be a worthy contender to the AK-240 and Cord Hugo combination. I have the JH Laylas IEM and the HE-1000's  I will be provide a "brief write-up" and I'm glad to take requests from anyone on the thread as to what they would like to know or questions I could try to answer.  In addition to...
   Does anyone read this stuff or is it just me? Please refer to this link (provided above):http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/blog/best-portable-audio-player-in-the-world/As per PhilW. and I quote: "For those clients of mine who have purchased the AK240 and a Chord Hugo for the best possible sound I can now say…..purchase just an AK380. The AK380 will give you the ultimate solution from the single device."
Great write up and I appreciate your comments and comparisons.  Unfortunately I find so much crap on this thread to read thru and finally a "real gem" to read. Thank you and sincerely,-SpeedCorrection the original comments were from "gval13"
 Quoting "ddanois" regarding the AK240ss vs the AK380: "I would not like to exaggerate (as the impression may change down the road), but the sound reminds me of a full-fledged home system. It is large, deep, spacious with many interesting subtleties. I must also say it is different from the AK240SS used in the same type of configuration. The AK240SS is nice and it would still be a reference player had the AK380 not be there. I am not sure on the words to use but I think,...
Yup, Sold mine too. They are really great IEM and I had them for over a year and a half. The Layla's are clearly better but the price jump is big.  I'm getting ready to give the AK 380 a shot and getting ready to purchase the HE-1000's as they are simply amazing.... Sincerely,-Speed 
   I spoke with Vinnie from RWA on Wednesday of this week. I was thinking about sending in my AK 240 and tweaking it as far as I could but before I do I'm going to give the AK 380 a listen myself to determine if it is something worth while. In any case Vinnie is hoping that there is physically more room in the AK 380 then in the AK 240 as this will allow him to combine more goodness as he brings together his talents as an engineer and audiophile.  We are very lucky to have...
 I was just looking back on some of the older threads from about this time last year (June 13th or so) and there was a lively discussion as I recall on the AK 240 thread about the 10 band settings during DAC comparison testing. I myself believed that the AK 240 was essentially "flat" when the EQ settings were "off" across all 10 bands.  I discovered the product enhancement (lol) when I had competed extensive testing using 5 DAC players before I purchased the AK 240 and...
I understand and agreed. However based on my experience with the AK 240 with the EQ. setting off are not flat or "neutral" to begin with. They are boosted  -Speed