Posts by speedracer1

Lol I completely understand. I purchased all my gear at Moon Audio late last year and I have the Fostex 900's with the Moon audio sliver dragon cable too.  It's a very good set-up especially paired with the Cord Hugo.  I was just hoping the HE-1000 was the next step for me.  The compatibility between the Cord Hugo and the HE-1000 is critical and like a marriage. What I mean is it must work on multiple levels.   -Speed 
Background: I wanted to attend the HIFIMAN event held on the 19th of March at Stereo Exchange in NYC but I was heading out of town that day so I contacted the folks at Stereo Exchange and Dr. Fang Bian was kind enough to allow me to take a listen to the pre-released HE-1000’s the day before the event.   To make the most of my visit I packed my Cord Hugo, Fostex TH-900 cans and my trusty little AK240.  I was very excited to have an opportunity to finally listen to these...
Background: I wanted to attend the HIFIMAN event held on the 19th of March at Stereo Exchange in NYC but I was heading out of town that day so I contacted the folks at Stereo Exchange and Dr. Fang Bian was kind enough to allow me to take a listen to the pre-released HE-1000’s the day before the event.   To make the most of my visit I packed my Cord Hugo, Fostex TH-900 cans and my trusty little AK240.  I was very excited to have an opportunity to finally listen to these...
Reeltime, Thank you for your prompt reply. Sincerely,-Speed
I wish I was in attendance for Can Jam event. I was just out in Ca. on Tuesday but needed to return to the East Coast.  I'm thinking of replacing my Fostex TH-900's cans with the HE-1000's.  The synergies between the Hugo and the Fostex are really very good and I can easily drive them with the Cord Hugo from mid-level volumes but I've always felt the Fostex cans were a little too bass heavy for me. I like more of a reference sound signature. I just purchased the JH Layla's...
Reeltime, What was the amp that you used to determine how well the HE-1000's sounded?  What combinations were better and worse?  Thank you and sincerely,-Speed
Tiltman, Thank you for your very prompt reply.  I can appreciate your at the Can Jam event (wish I was their as well) and the HE-1000 is an open headphone so any background noise is clearly not idea circumstances for listening.  I just checked my Cord Hugo and white is the very highest last two volume setting .  I have serious concerns that the HE-1000 and the Cord Hugo are really going to pair well together. What makes you feel confident the Hugo can adequately drive...
At what volume level (color) did you have the Cord Hugo set too for normal listening .  What was the lowest volume and highest levels? Thank you,-Speed
Why was it locked and where was it moved too? Thank you,-Speed