Posts by plainsong

I guess I have to see if they'll answer my email then. I ordered on Monday, and have heard nothing since then. :/
Some years ago I had the ms-1 with TTVJ flats. They were perfect with a total bithead and macbook... as long as using an open headphone was alright. We have a drunk upstairs neighbor who we have rarely confronted because... he's drunk. He's one of those always at the edge of eviction and since we're both owners, it's tougher to get him out. Police are a joke in Helsinki, if they turn up at all.   So one night he was on his balcony at 3am on a Monday night, taking a...
I love these headphones, but my needs have changed, and there are other headphones that are more suitable at this point. You know how it goes...   I got these from Headphonesolutions and I am the original owner. They're fully burned-in (at least 400 hours) and ready to rock. I am missing the box though, if that matters to you.   The headphones are fairly mint. There are some scuffs on the bottom of the cups, a few of which were there from the start. The cups tend...
And I keep reading that the TMA-1 is the best thing sliced bread, that they're better than the t50p. They aren't. They aren't worse either. Like everything in this price range, it's a compromise, and it just depends on personal preference or what fits your needs better.
And here I am regretting having ever sold the dt531... 
I think a good headphone should be good with all sorts of music. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.    And hellz yeah we want to see that shootout. :)  
What are these dt990 weaknesses of which you speak? ;)
Oh I hope some DIY King can bring them back to life for you! Yikes!
I just wanted to further derail the thread and clarify a bit about the TMA-1. I'd do it in the TMA-1 megathread, but it ain't too friendly in there. There was a comment about vocals being behind everything else. And to some extent, I agree. I've heard worse from a headphone. I think they're further back there on the t50ps, and way further back on other headphones. It is what it is. It seems like every closed headphone I generally like has this problem, but for my trusty...
Okiedokie, I've had the TMA-1 since Christmas, and gave them about 30 hours of burn-in. Is it better than the T50p? The answer is a glorified "It depends."   In the looks and ergonomics department:   The smaller cups on the t50p fit my ears very nicely. It's not at all fiddly to get a good fit without thinking about it. BUT, the headband is a bit big for my head. Although they're smaller than the TMA-1, they look sillier on me. For my uses, that doesn't work. If...