Posts by plainsong

Necromancing an old thread, but I was researching this subject on the t5p. It's early days in the burn-in process, and for my main rig I prefer them from the 120ohm output by a long way. Thank goodness for not selling the Corda! :)
I haven't heard the t1, but do have the t5p unburned in on my ears right now. The soundstage is big, but I've never heard a Beyerdynamic with s logic. Whether s logic is actually a thing or not, it belongs to Ultrasone, So, if we have the t70, then I wonder when we will also see the t80 and t90. Will it be like the last refresh, where the released versions were in 32 and 250 ohm... With 600 ohm available only as manufaktur at first? That's how the last refresh went, I'm...
The dt250s were always my go-to cans for honesty in audio. I agree with everything you say here, except that the p5 delivers more of what I want to hear in a portable headphone. But I sold the dt250 (and dt990!) because t5p is incoming.   I went back and forth on the issue, given that a new t70 and t70p is incoming. It could be predicted that'll mean a refresh to the dt880 and dt990 as well. But then what does that mean for the 600ohm versions? Will there be one? Will it...
Uhoh it looks like the pretzels are more popular there!
Churro... Or pretzel?
Ah, the days that the Members Lounge looked more like TIO. I'm guessing most of us in this thread remember TIO. :D  
It's time to do the headphone shuffle. I've got a big purchase planned, and it's time for these to go on to another home. I am the first owner of each headphone.   Beyerdynamic dt990 600 ohm Manufaktur: SOLD!   I purchased these from Beyerdynamic in 2007 (I have the receipt). They're black with blue highlights, and the text reads "Audio ergo sum" - Which I thought was fitting for a headfier. If you get annoyed at cable spaghetti, then these are for you, as...
Umm, I wasn't worried about it. I've seen what they can do to isolate from noise and it's pretty spectacular. What I meant is that headfiers tend to overthink things. B&W got the balance right with these. For this kind of headphone you need a "fun" sound. True you want some honesty but really the honesty should be drawn with the fun brush. I hope they don't cave to pressure with whatever their next headphone might be, and make something "neutral" - which unless it's a big...
Exactly. I mean sitting here at home with them, I can say that yes there is loss of detail, or this that or the other, but it's STILL a fun listen.  And I don't have to worry about how to power them. And there's enough honesty to make them quality. It's a mix I've always liked in a portable headphone, the ratio of fun to honesty. It's a tricky balance.  
Yeah I'm converted. I got lots of time to audition a set at a nice friendly local audio store called Helsinki Sound + Cinema. I always have an enjoyable experience with them. Anyway, I think these sound as Jude and Duncan describe them. Not reference, not neutral, but natural and fun. That's what I want from an iPod, or maybe even a macbook. I have a bigger rig for critical listening... and even then my setup leans towards the natural. Neutral is overrated.   I...