Posts by plainsong

I got these Momentums new as the original owner for Christmas last year. There's not a thing in the world wrong with them, I'm just deciding to keep my Momentum fix with the on-ears I have, and sell these to move on to other closed circumaurals.   I'm throwing in the Headroom Total Bithead that I've had since way back when they came out with the revised 2nd version. The TBH will either be a blast from the past, or something you've never seen before. It's the clear...
This may have already been posted, I'll admit I didn't go through all 24 pages.But this oldie but goody from mkmelt in 2004. It's a riff on an old WWII joke:       When I saw this thread, I immediately thought of the whole Singlepower bruhahah.
I don't post so much anymore, not so heavy in the game, and the old community seems mostly gone. But I do drop back in from time to time to lurk, and my heart dropped to my stomach to see this happen to Todd.
I don't get a chance to really sit down and listen to music like I used to, so it's time for these to move on to a better home. I purchased these around last summer or so. They're fully burned in, and well taken care of, in minty condition. If using a source capable of it, they do sound better with 120 ohm resistance, so the Blue Dragon 120 ohm resistance adapter is included. Also included is a Blue Dragon LOD that's never been used.    The headphones come...
So those that didn't win, who are saying they got notification that they didn't win, they're lying then. Right. Who knows why we didn't all get the reject notice, but mass email can be wonky like that.
... And also some of the people who didn't win, I mean if you bother to read...
No email from Denon, but I assume that means not-so-much. Congrats to the winners! :)
In the grand scheme of things, it's not taking Denon as long as it's taking Audiocubes to ship an order placed before the contest, available within 1-3 days. So if Denon took two extra weeks, they'd still be faster... Giving out free headphones.
Yeah, that sound is called "A pretty good compromise at getting an iphone to sound reference without any help" until its character is changed completely with a big boy source and amp, and 120 extra ohms in the headphone jack, then it really shows its stuff. The guy you got into that flame war didn't test that. And he might well say he wouldn't need to because it shouldn't need that and who wants to use an adapter? Nevermind the brand's own amp isn't 0 ohm, but 100. That...
Historically the dt770 has never been a closed back dt880, so I don't know how the t70 could be expected to be, but anyway...