or Connect

Posts by MarvyMarvy

I have to constantly tell this guy at my school which could afford 10 sennheiser h800s and the amps that beats are fake HiFi marketing headphones yet he says they are good because they are made out of metal.SO basically any headphone made with plastic in his opinion is bad hahhaaha. But I still think the q701 could use less plastic if they are to last?
Yes but if your me and go to school with a rich kid that thinks beats by dre pros, you know the ones made out of metal. Are better because they are made of metal I think at least a little metal material would make them more appropriate not that it matters because sound quality is what matters :) 
Lol 400 for an old headphone that's made mostly of plastic when the 300 x1 are all metal and leather?
Alright let's have a look.
Lol your not making this easy on my wallet hahaha.
OK so I have decided  to buy both the x1 and q701 headphones. But before I do that I need the experienced audiophiles on this site to do some research on the fiio e18 to see if it will drive them to reasonably loud volume levels. And when I say loud I mean loud enough to give you hearing loss after a couple of hours loud. So listen carefully please my Samson sr850s are falling apart and I need some new cans to enjoy my music. Of course I will buy the q701s first and the x1...
From what I know about the sr850 the mids are forward and have very good separation but lack detail. They have amazing clarity but the treble makes it sound harsh and uncontrolled at times. The bass is very good but doesn't really stand out with all the other instruments. They are easy to equalize and rarely do I hear distortion. And with poorly recorded tracks they will hurt your ears REALLY fast. They also enjoy power from my fiio e18 especially when I turn on high gain...
Yup, opinions are how we feel about it and nothing more. And everybody has different taste.
I have two auvio cables from radio shack waiting to be used. I prefer treble that's balanced and natural but its not a problem :). These will be my first pair of 300$ dollar headphones so I'm excited.
I'm not worried about amps. My fiio e18 should have more than enough power and my tablet, well as I've read has a mobile Wolfson DAC chip in it. Wolfson WM8903 Ultra low power CODEC for portable audio applications (WM8903L 22AMBUC) so my source is good. So it all comes down to the headphones and their performance.