or Connect

Posts by MarvyMarvy

OK so I have decided  to buy both the x1 and q701 headphones. But before I do that I need the experienced audiophiles on this site to do some research on the fiio e18 to see if it will drive them to reasonably loud volume levels. And when I say loud I mean loud enough to give you hearing loss after a couple of hours loud. So listen carefully please my Samson sr850s are falling apart and I need some new cans to enjoy my music. Of course I will buy the q701s first and the x1...
From what I know about the sr850 the mids are forward and have very good separation but lack detail. They have amazing clarity but the treble makes it sound harsh and uncontrolled at times. The bass is very good but doesn't really stand out with all the other instruments. They are easy to equalize and rarely do I hear distortion. And with poorly recorded tracks they will hurt your ears REALLY fast. They also enjoy power from my fiio e18 especially when I turn on high gain...
Yup, opinions are how we feel about it and nothing more. And everybody has different taste.
I have two auvio cables from radio shack waiting to be used. I prefer treble that's balanced and natural but its not a problem :). These will be my first pair of 300$ dollar headphones so I'm excited.
I'm not worried about amps. My fiio e18 should have more than enough power and my tablet, well as I've read has a mobile Wolfson DAC chip in it. Wolfson WM8903 Ultra low power CODEC for portable audio applications (WM8903L 22AMBUC) so my source is good. So it all comes down to the headphones and their performance.
But I also want to know how the x1 handle distortion being a dynamic headphone with 30 ohms. Will they let out harshness from a poor source?
I'm really exited about getting the x1 people that buy high end headphones even enjoy them so the experience should be fun when I get them. And I don't listen to metal that much so it shouldn't be a problem for me.
Thank you that's all I wanted to hear so now I feel confident about getting the x1 :)
After some careful consideration I think I will buy the Philips Fidelio x1. Because they have everything in a headphone I could ask for but maybe next time I will purchase the q701. The x1 are comfortable looking, have good bass, tilted drivers, moderate impedance and are made with excellent  materials. But I REALLY need to know how far apart in sound quality are the x1 and Samson sr850 so can someone please give a comparison. I don't care how you compare them just do it...
Thank you I'll do that but for now my money's on the q701 because I also plan to use these at school in music class with my electronic keyboard and with fl studio in the future. So I will need professional or something that comes close type of headphones. But for the most part I just want to enjoy my music so the he400 sounds more like a winner for me and people say they are not hard to drive.