Posts by nebnacnud

Hi, I'm looking at buying an ultrabudget set of bookshelf speakers for my room, but I don't know much about power ratings and amps. The speakers I'm looking at have a power capacity of 80 watts, an impedance of 8 ohms, and a sensitivity of 89db. The amp I am considering is rated for an output of 20 watts per speaker.   I read somewhere that the 80 watts for the speaker is the maximum it can handle before it is damaged, but the amp is only rated for 20 watts, which I also...
Anyone who has heard the Sennheiser HD 201's, how would you classify/describe their sound? They are my first real headphones and I want to know how they are categorized by the general community. To me, they seem like they are relatively neutral with a deep, full, yet level, extended bass, and perhaps slightly rolled off treble. I love how I can hear the detail and texture in each instrument. Is this close to how most people on Head-Fi would describe that sound? It would...
Alright, thank you for all the recommendations and explanations, I'm settled on the Takstar now. And if I find them uncomfortable I'll order the HM5 pads. Thanks again for all the help and patience, I really appreciate it. Adieu!
And also: Do you know anything about the Philips SHL3300?
Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I think I like the Pro 80's. Would you recommend them over any of the similarly priced Sennheiser models? Like the HD 205, 280, 419, 429, 439, 449? Not each specifically of course. And also, many of the reviews for some of the other phones describe them as bassy or v-shaped, and while I understand everyone has a different standard/opinion for the definition of balanced sound, most of the reviews I read about the HD 201's say they have a...
Looking for a new pair of headphones. My first real pair was the HD201's, and I absolutely love them. They are evenly balanced, have deep bass extension, get subtle detail without ear piercing sibilance, and you can hear the "texture" in each instrument's tone, if that makes sense. However, I am now willing to spend a bit more money on headphones (not too much, still a college kid), around 100 USD. I would prefer circumaural headphones, either closed or open. Should I...
I own the Sennheiser HD 201 headphones, and really like the way they sound. I've had them for over a year now and love how balanced they are throughout the spectrum. I'm looking to buy some in-ears now to listen to music while not in my room. I would like earphones with a balanced sound similar to the HD 201's. They also need to have good isolation so that the bass and lower mids aren't drowned out as much by ambient noise. And, being a poor college kid, I can't afford to...
Darn. Mine were more expensive when I bought them. Thanks for helping though!
Im not exactly sure where to put this post, but this seemed like the best place so here goes. I have a pair of HD201's which, unfortunately, got sat upon by a sibling. It snapped a small piece of plastic connecting one headphone to the extendable section of the headband. I searched and couldn't find anything about it, and was wondering if there would be anywhere I could get a replacement part/headband. Everything still works fine, its just the fact that its quite slightly...
I have the normal HD201 in my hand right now, they also have three metal sections on the jack / two plastic separators.