Posts by typhoon838

How's the leakage?
So, question to the OP. How exactly do you get the DT250 pads on? They seem too small.
Aren't Sennheisers known for their extreme amount of clamp though?
I haven't used them, but the first thing that came to mind when reading your specs was the Beyer DT-770. Very highly acclaimed.
Yeah, something of that price is definitely out of my budget. I'd have to be getting it for ~$500 to consider those cans. That puts it in the range of the Pro 900s...But I don't want to pay $500 retail for those. If I got those for $300 I'd be happy. So basically, my budget is less than $500 for the headphone and amp combo, unless I'm getting an extremely good deal.
They sound like they'd be right up my alley. But hooooly crap they're expensive.
Thank you very much. On a slightly unrelated note, if I'm going to be using these headphones primarily in noisy environments (outdoors on a college campus, definitely a lot on a loud bus), would I be better served by looking at noise canceling headphones? The MDR-10RNC, or the PSB-M4U2, perhaps? My logic being that in such noisy environments (I'm thinking mainly about the bus, where I'll be using these a lot), the quality of non-NC headphones would be diminished greatly.
Thank you very much. On a slightly unrelated note, if I'm going to be using these headphones primarily in noisy environments (outdoors on a college campus, definitely a lot on a loud bus), would I be better served by looking at noise canceling headphones? The MDR-10RNC, or the PSB-M4U2, perhaps? My logic being that in such noisy environments (I'm thinking mainly about the bus, where I'll be using these a lot), the quality of non-NC headphones would be diminished greatly.
This probably isn't the right place to post this, but you guys would know the answer better than anyone. So. Here's my issue. I've got the ATH-PRO700 MKII. I replaced the stock pads with ATH M50 pads, like many people have, to improve the comfort, which it did. Here's what I like about it. Bass quantity and texture. Self explanatory. I'm kind of a basshead. Highs aren't piercing at all at high volumes like they are with other headphones I've tried. Detachable cable....
That's extremely helpful. Thank you.