Posts by tstarn06

Quote: Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity i tried fittin them on my RE0 haha but they seem super comfortable...how is the iso on these? For me, the small ones perfectly block out sound. But the ear canal shape is, as always, critical.
Quote: Originally Posted by DoesNotQuiteFi I almost forgot to mention, I'll be using these for movies and video games too (specifically shooters). Makes the whole soundstage/instrument separation (especially the latter) that much more important. Are the TF10s and MTPGs good for those? Maybe I actually should spring for the CK10s? For the same price, $200, I'd choose the CK10s over the MTPs. Problem is finding the CK10s for that price right now....
No, not me (as noted on the other thread). Have the MTPGs in right now, small super tips, with Johnny A playing his jazz guitar. These phones are not just excellent for most genres, they are a good value at $200. Even better with the $118 open box price I paid. I got very, very lucky. I had the IE8s once upon a time, very good IEMs and another good deal ($224 during that insane NCIX.com sale), but in the end, found them sort of dull, soundstage or no soundstage, when...
Another thumbs up for these inexpensive IEMs. They are an excellent value, and while tend to be somewhat bassy, it's not a bad thing. I experimented with several tips, and settled on the PR1 Pro bi-flanges, which really deliver the best sound to my ears. I would recommend these to anyone shopping within this price point. And excellent fit kit too. But if you have any around, always try out other tips with the M9s. My view re burn-in is that all dynamic driver phones need...
Sage advice. Too many opinions, just buy and try. Always works. Be sure to try the super tip (silicones stuff with gel). I had been using bi-flanges from another phone, but the small super tips are great for me after a second try.
Quote: Originally Posted by true blue Hey tsarn06, do you find the soundstage/separation on the MTPG displaced/odd? No, not at all. It's fine for me, but then again, I am not a soundstage maven. I didn't care for the UM3X because I felt it was closed in, but the MTPs don't sound odd or displaced to me. There have been 1-2 MTPG/C owners who said that, but I'm more on the side of those who find them spacious enough. I really like them, to be honest.
No advantage, let's just all agree to disagree at this point.
Quote: Originally Posted by cn11 James- Just fyi you can add shigzeo to your group of users/reviewers who've heard the bass the way you do. It was his main negative with them, even though he still regarded them highly for other strengths. I've always found your reviews/impressions very valuable and impartial, and appreciate your willingness to state exactly what you hear, even if it goes against the majority. Your thoughts are also relevant to anyone...
Quote: Originally Posted by mark2410 hmm im not sure the ck10 would be the best bet, their brightness makes them feel quite bass light, with a bass boost they could be suitable but non fatigueing erm not sure. id think the RE252 could be what your wanting Again, I don't hear them as bass lite at all, with the Sony X and a deep insertion sleeve like the Shure tri-flange (stalk trimmed). I used to use the EQ on the bass at +1, but since I moved...
Quote: Originally Posted by AudioDwebe Of course everyone has their own preferences as far as the "right" amount of bass, or treble, extension for them; however, I find the bass of the 10's to be "there" when the recordings call for it, and out of the way when they don't. It may also have something to do with the different types of music we all prefer. Having said that, the one thing that I've noticed with these is this: A good "seal" doesn't not...