Posts by tstarn06

I painted mine with camouflage paint. Now, safe and sound (great sound).
Yeah, I think they had two pair. Just kidding. But at least that's all I can discern of HFers getting them at that price (playingwithfire is the only other HFer I know who got them from the newegg deal). They said 5 limit per buyer, but I doubt they had many. So yes, the "halo effect" of getting them at that price is in play, no doubt about it. Then again, I paid $224 for my IE8s, in that crazy NCIX.com deal awhile back. Always on the hunt for a deal. Best thing is...
No, you can't. And since I paid $118 with the newegg open box special, you can understand why I like them even more. Just to explain my POV more, I had the IE7s after the IE8, and just could not get a good fit and found them fairly unexciting. I sold the IE8 because I detested the fit, I like a solid seal, with great iso, and the IE8s are not those phones. Plus, at the time I had the Westone 3s and found them to be more dynamic (in the sense of excitement) than the IE8s,...
X2
^
Same here, on both counts.
Quote: Originally Posted by cn11 I will admit that the MTP golds interest me by the descriptions of their sound, but I just can't get past the fact that they're soooo freaking m-fugly, and blingy. So much so that I'd be afraid to go out in public with them stuck in my ears. There's really nothing understated or elegant about their look at all, no design savvy. Once they konk out, can you take them to your local gold reseller??? So far, I've worn...
Quote: Originally Posted by swanlee A lot of people would and should say that Monster makes overpriced junk myself included, However it does seem that there new MTP line transcends that reputation. I have not heard the new MTP's but the Golds are on my radar after reading several dozen reviews by all different types of people including some here at head fi that would really like to trash a Monster product for being over priced junk but even they couldn't...
They are not dark, in my opinion.
Amen to that. Not that I am on the level of an AV Guide reviewer, but I owned both the IE7 and the Custom 3s, and each one lasted about a week at my house before I sold them. I had the IE8 too, and it stayed around longer, but not much longer. Also, I would not say Monster makes ovepriced junk, I would say they make overpriced gear. The cables I have around here from Monster (mainly A/V cables I got from friends who no longer needed them) are not junk, but they were...