or Connect

Posts by MrPanda

Great video, really adds to the understanding and appreciation of the amp!  Thank you for posting! 
What do you think of the 6CG7 with the Vali 2?  I have a matched Electroharmonix one
Thanks for the review!  I just put myself on the waiting list for the next Massdrop.  Hope it's not too long for it to come back..
I've got the matched one from Electro-harmonix, and haven't taken it out of my Vali 2 since.
There's some sibilence with the 400i that I was hoping to tame with the tubes that hasn't happened with the two tubes I've tried.  (I listen to a lot of choral music, and extra sibilance in a big reverberant room can sound like a chipmunk convention).  That's not so much a problem with the X2 in general.  Bass is really good with the Vali 2, aa are overall dynamics with both phones, but I was looking for something to smooth out that trouble range in the 400i...
I was using a BiFrost multibit as the DAC, haven't heard the other Uber pieces.   But I think the Fidelio 2 has great synergy with the Vali 2.  It's a really pleasing sound, can't say if it's better, but it's addictive listening to that combo in my second setup with the Fidelio 2.  I think it's definitely more engaging than the Fidelio/Asgard combo.  HE400i/Vali 2, not so much.
I've got both.  I haven't had a lot of time yet with the Vali 2 yet, but it makes a nice second rig.  I've used the stock RCA tube with it, and an Electro-Harmonix 6CG7 for starters. First impression is that it puts out a lot more power, and a lot less noise than you might think.  It can power my AKG K340's which are a complex load without issue - it's also fine with the Q710, K712 and Beyer DT770.  It shines with the Phillips Fidelio 2's, for me, that's the best match -...
Would the Electro-Harmonix 6CG7  work in a Vali 2? Thanks
I'd really be interested in comparison to the new Stax phones
I wonder how much of an improvement they are above the 400i's I already have...