Posts by MrPanda

I don't have the K7XXX but I do have the K712 as well as the X2.   I listen to primarily classical, but here are my reactions to both phones.   The K712 is clearer, more resolving, and faster than the X2.   The soundstage is bigger - in fact, there is more sense of separation and distance than some people might be comfortable with.  They're a little fussier with power, running well from an Asgard 2, but not so well from a FiiO.  Very clear top end, clearer and much less...
I'd love to hear a comparison between Asgard 2 and Lyr 2
Not a bad idea to get regular blood pressure check if you're sensitive and having symptoms. My blood pressure was really high until I started medication for it, and a different diet.
Speaking of medical conditions, I've seen a couple articles recently on links between high blood pressure and tinnitus symptoms. There's one on WebMD.
Any review of the ps1000 for classical?
FiiO eliminated optical inputs on their last portable.  Not what the user wants in many cases.
I use Tidal mostly for classical music.. I sure hope that isn't compromised by a buyout...
I think Amazon's current price is due to the fact that they're out of their own stock and displaying a 3rd party seller with a higher price.  I think they'll be back to normal when they get their stock recharged.
I agree with OneBigUnion on the K7xx vs X2 assessment for the most part, and I have both headphones.   The K7xx  (I have K712) is more of a reference headphone.  It's very clear and transparent, and has pretty fast and pretty accurate bass.  Soundstage is very good, overall comfort and weight are good also.   Needs some power to shine.  The downfall is the high-end, it's kind of bright and kind of fatiguing, at least with my Bifrost/Asgard 2 setup.  X2 is more engaging,...
It will be interesting to see if Fang's new innovations appear in other headphones in his lineup...