Posts by jdpark

Haven't tried them with the Beyer amps, but I've been using them with the Lehmann amps (both Rhinelander, and now the Linear) and they sound great. I imagine there are some similarities between these brands, as they're both German, SS - Solid State, don't kill me ;) and tend to be tested with, alas, German headphones. Maybe try the Rhinelander if you're in that market. It's good, but you need a quiet source. The Linear processes the heck out of the sound, so even if your...
 That graph looks amazing, and shows why I don't really like the DT990 pros very much. Any idea on where to get original pads, or what they're called in terms of how to search for them. Looking for original pads on Ebay doesn't really give me the results I would like. Thanks
That's a good question, I think the HRT HD is very good, giving you quite a bit more precision over the Music Streamer II standard. The mids could be a bit thick and congested with the MSII, whereas the spacing is much better with the HD, and you get quite a bit better extension in the highs and lows with the HD. I think especially if you already have the Wyrd, it's a good option. Also, I might be crazy, but I think the ASIO filter used with the USB 2.0 software that comes...
Yeah, I know about the grit. I know this is off topic, but do you think an external linear power supply for the usb DAC (HRT HD) would help? I seem to think it can't hurt, and might even improve the sound that little extra bitty bit... (Something like the Wyrd, or this http://www.myhifishop.de/Devices/AQVOX-Low-Noise-Power-Supply-USB2-Type-B-Type-A-USB3-Type-A::49.html)
Yeah, I've also found that they sound pretty good out of a typical laptop headphone jack, or an iphone. They don't sound as good/loud straight out of my Samsung tablet, but they should sound okay out of most portable music players, especially if the recordings are loud.    Now I've run into the problem that with the DT150s hooked up to the Lehmann Linear (aka BCL), I'm keenly aware of the quality of the recording, almost to a distracting degree. The Linear is supposed to...
whoaaaaa!    Just went from my used Rhinelander to a brand new Linear and I'm having eargasms like crazy.    I'm listening to Green Day's Dookie, just for fun, after testing out a couple of my standard Baroque classics. Woah. I'm sold. The background is truly silent for the first time in my audio experience.....ever. And the music just shines.    I feel like I'm at a punk rock show, even though it's a studio album, and not even terribly amazing in terms of...
Well, I did my best hack job with the wifie's tweezers and 'magical' grooming scissors (I have no idea what they groom).     They still sound good, so at least that's good. I'm going to say I think there's some more clarity, because otherwise I just did a really dumb thing.    Edit: Okay. Big smile. I do think there's more treble **sparkle** here. That's good, because these don't mind a little sunshine.   Cut away, ye heathens!
How did you guys actually to the cutting? Any ol' knife? Hold it out in the middle with tweezers, and just cut around the edges? I'm scared.   Also, btw, I'm listening to Continuo by Avishai Cohen and blown away with my HRT HD and Lehmann Rhinelander (Chord interconnects.) The bass is so tight. And the percussion and oud are great. Unfortunately, I have a lot of noise coming in from my router, which sits here on my desk. But if I turn it off, I have no internet. 
I don't know if Norman Lehmann is following this thread, but I am afraid of what the price of the Lehmann Linear SE would be where I live. The Black Cube is currently going for over 1200 Euros, which is about 400 Euros over what it is in Europe. The problem is customs. If I order to be shipped here (Israel) I might be slammed with a huge tax bill.   Even if I trade in my Rhinelander, I think the price is going to be around 800 Euros, which is basically like just going...
Has anyone else found that these do pretty darn well with just an iphone, as long as you're using lossless files?    I've been enjoying traveling around with these just hooked up to an old iphone 4 (8gb!!). I haven't found the volume to be a problem, though the quality of the recording and the file itself do make a big difference. I'd imagine with most contemporary rock/hip-hop, etc. there's plenty of volume in the track. With older classical you may run into a problem...