Posts by mike34260

Yeah it is pretty terrible, most recordings released from the mid 90's and up are victims of the "loudness wars". They seem to think louder is better so they jack up the volume and compression so that literally no dynamic range is left. This in turn causes ear fatigue and limits the amount of time you can listen to something. 
I like QotSA a lot but sadly all of their albums on cd are overly loud and compressed. Even some of the vinyl releases don't sound good at all, which is a shame considering how creative of a band they are. 
Thank you for the suggestions guys! I now own a pair of Mad Dogs and HE-400s but these Audio Technica cans are enticing! The W1000X is making we want to buy it for the looks alone, I'm sure it sounds great. 
Here are some of my absolute favorites:   Fleetwood Mac - self titled, The Dance, Tusk, Mirage Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedoes Megadeth - Rust in Peace Dire Straits - Money for Nothing, Communique Alice in Chains - Unplugged, Jar of Flies Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna Madonna - True Blue, self titled Rage Against The Machine - self titled Steely Dan - Aja Judas Priest - Painkiller, Sad Wings of Destiny Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on...
Yeah 85 bucks for that is an insane deal. If I wasn't looking for a tube amp I would be all over it!
Wow 100 dollars must have been a steal for that! How would you describe the sound compared to the Pioneer in terms of warmth, soundstage, etc...?
Makes since considering I'm a newbie to the forum 
I recently picked up a Pioneer SA-6500 II in excellent shape for only 34 bucks! It sounds great and has more than enough juice to power my Mad Dogs and HE 400. I am really impressed by the headphone stage in this unit. I would post pics but it says my account doesn't have permission to. 
Hey guys I have the Magni/Modi combo with the HE-400's and so far its suiting me very well, but I am starting to get curious when it comes to upgrades. The Lyr and Bifrost look very enticing at the moment, though they drive quite a hefty price. I am asking for your opinions and if anybody has any experience with the Lyr/Bifrost your input would be well appreciated. Also I would like to know if the Modi would pair well with the Lyr since I am mainly interested in trying out...
Looking to upgrade soon from my ath m50, what do you guys suggest?