Posts by icebear

Welcome to Head-Fi .   I have to admit, I never heard of Mr. Tipett before, lively, yes indeed but the "very accessible", I'm not so sure . And you will definitely chase away most of the people who are trying to get into Jazz with this kind of recommendation. Some seriously free sections in this work. Not my personal cup of tea, just my $0.02.
That was my thought exactely .It's up to Justin to deal with cancellations and as he indicated he's not going to change anything .If the customer still has 30 day return policy, then a cancellation will still be easier to handle than a return of the already shipped product.
Acc. to SA-CD.net FAQ's the SACD signal is 2.8Mhz 1bit DSD, also called DSD64. http://www.sa-cd.net/faq#audio1 Any higher format does not come on the disc but either as high rez download or upsampled from the orig. SACD format by a DAC.   How do you extract the DSD files , PS3 ?   I have a couple of hybrid SACD's but no player and I am really hesitant to invest in a dedicated player that doesn't have a digital output for this proprietary format to use any capable non...
It doesn't seem to be available, even as MP3.
Watch out that you get a 12 track version of the album, I received only half the joy i.e. 6 tracks with a total playing time of 32 mins. But I got a RMA the next day and I'll ship it back. I already ordered a new copy from a different seller and hopefully that will be the correct version. Sometimes the descriptions on A'zon are not accurate when there are different album versions available - or the seller just don't care too much. Either way, a great album that's worth...
Not to waste time on something terrible, here is something amazing :    I recently got the "regular" CD version, that only occasionally pops up used. The 24 bit remastered version seems prohibitive expensive Joe Sample, piano Ray Brown, bass Shelly Manne, drums   The sound of this 1975 recording is pure bliss. High class musicians in a good and swinging mood and recording engineers that captured every little nuance. RVG could have learned something .
First of all spending as much on a cable as for the headphone "sounds" a bit stupid to me but when someone has money to burn, why not. Second with any high end name brand from a major manufacturer you are paying the brand name logo, the retailer mark up and the manufacturer mark up and you get a cable in a certain pre cut length and termination.   Especially in headphone cables there are lots of well reputed small scale guys where you can get customized length and...
I heard Dave Weckl & His Acoustic Band at The Iridium Friday night. First time I saw him live. Great performance, the boys [Dave Weckl, drums - Makoto Ozone, piano & keyboards - Tom Kennedy, bass - Gary Meek, sax] really had some fun on stage, so did the audience.
I saw this one yesterday (tbr Sept. 9 '14). It's from the same 50th Anniversary Edition of Melodiya. Unfortunately no short pre-listen tracks online.   Oistrakh, K. Kondrashin Tchaikovsky & Glasunov violin concertos   How is the sound quality of the Richter set and when was it recorded?
I have a Norne Vanquish for my HD800 with Neutrik XX dual 3 pin XLRs. Currently using a Skoll SE to balanced adapter until the 2014 batch of GSX's is shipping .   As I needed 14ft, there was no other reasonable offer out there. Everyone of the usual suspects was charging an arm and leg for that run of a cable. All aspects of sound quality with the Vanquish are great in my book. No micro phonics issues at all (red sleeving) and light and comfortable. But I never had any...