Posts by icebear

A little bit of standard communication skills for all things headamp will be greatly appreciated . Welcome to your new "job".
 +1 exact same here .  Just awesome piece of work.And I first wanted to give Arnaux the thumbs up but "click if this is helpful" . NO this is NOT helpful at all.
In analogy to the bio plankton :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plankton   It's the micro detail that gives you an impression of the recording room, the special character of the instrument, material of the body or string, certain details of a voice, all the tiny acoustic bits that convey the emotion of the music. That's the stuff that makes you sometimes wonder how you could miss it in recordings that you thought know quite well until you change your set up and suddenly...
I am still waiting but if I am not mistaken the GSX-MkII has Neutrik combo outputs ( 2x 3pin XLR) with each also accepting standard SE 1/4 plugs.http://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-ncj9fi-s-combo-connector-xlr-1-4-stereo-jack-switching--092-045 There should be no boom  
LOL,  once I will have received my headamp, I will be able to tell you ... it might still take some undefined amount of time
There will be no way that the comparison info you are seeking gets compiled into one thread by folks here making contributions by posting impressions.   When you are in the market for a DAC, set you price limit and see what's available at this point. You screen them by features that you categorize by "nice to have" and "must have" features. Then you individually search for impression and reviews on your narrowed down bunch of candidates. Choosing manufacturers or...
Positively not for the future - my crystal ball is a little fuzzy but for the time being I haven't heard of anything that can be measured that directly relates to how a human brain perceives the soundstage, the positioning of sound sources in the recording room.
For any ABX test you can ask the test participants to describe the difference, if they perceive any. That of course requires a large enough number as in the analysis for the description of the difference you will only count the results from people who were correct in finding the odd one out. Of course you can also do a descriptive analysis, using a trained panel comparing only two samples - which will be more expensive.   As with ANY measurement you can increase the...
LOL that link to the Korg website [features 1] is for sure seriously making a point there : quote: [The AudioGate software uses the power of the computer to perform the calculations necessary for D/A conversion, as opposed to slower external hardware. This allows for ideal processing, retaining the audio’s original quality.]   Further down at bottom it shows a specially developed headphone for 1DS-DAC products with a link the headphone company and here the...
Indeed ... as this is "sound science" here, the arguments about sound should be sound as well . For all testing to be discussed it is crucial to reveal all details. That means how had the participants of the test been recruited (selection criteria: "off the street"?) and how was it verified that the participants comply to these criteria (self assessment by ticking boxes on a questionaire?). ALL tests are only valid within their specific design parameters.And all the fuzz...