Posts by icebear

LOL Who do you think is paying the bill at the end of the day?.... yeah well , .... the consumer, right ! There you go
   Yesterday was time to use my x-mas present to get into Carnegie Hall for Keith's annual solo performance.He made liberal use of the first amendment of free speech and opened with 10 min. at the mic lambasting Trump.  As for the NYC liberal art crowd he was certainly preaching to the choir. Even in between breaks he came back on Trump with further comments. And yes, there were also folks taking photos with flashlight and he went off on these 2 incidents. But more...
Apart from the price ($3k?) to go outside with this headphone (as suggested on the beach ... sand dust and salt water sprey ... for sure any damage will be under warranty as it was recommended use), this is an open headphone or am I missing something, so you'll get full environment noise along with high fidelity sound from your high rez player. Yeah, well not everything folks imagine makes sense to me.    Quote from their website:   Diana is all about style, and sound....
I'd assume that "processing power" is running low rather than anything is wrong with frequency perception. Of course if you have an acute ear infection it's a different matter. When is knocked out by a flu last year, I wasn't capable of enjoying listening to music at all or reading for that matter, it feels like your brain also wants a rest not just the rest of your body. Take it easy, be better soon.
+1... especially when this particular "revolution" is going on since 2014 alreadyand yet still no clear evidence at all that is is superior in a controlled test.
 So far it looks like you can also listen to MQA files using a normal DAC but it wouldn't sound as good as regular 16/44.If that's not pushing for the proprietary MQA licensed hardware then I don't know what it is.
 ROFL  1. I don't stream any music.2. Even if they found an algorithm to make old files more pleasant it's not a function of the format itself but they kind of remaster the old file into a PROPRIETARY format and you will need to buy a PROPRIETARY licensed DAC to decode that file or otherwise the tiny blue MQA LED won't light up.They want the consumer to pay once again for existing music they already have on the shelf and certain people in the industry are trying to push...
 I HAVE heard it and I like my HD800 set up actually better.So no reason to even think about saving up for it.
I have quite a few recordings by Hillary Hahn, she's my 2nd favorite after Janine Jansen, who I have seen live already. I have no recodings of Vanessa Who?
Unless you go for the MOFI remastered Sinatra, you'll most likely be better of with a different headphone than the HD800.The HD800 is like an analytical instrument. It will tell you the truth about the recording and sometimes the truth is ugly.So basically what everyone else has told you already, if you are keen to try the HD800 go used or listen at a meet or a dealer.Otherwise go for different style of sound. "With a punch" is not really what you should expect from an...