or Connect

Posts by icebear

I saw Charles Lloyd the first time '91 at Leipzig Jazz Festival, final concert of a week packed with concerts all day.I saw him last on Jun.11th in NYC Townhall with Zakir Hussain & Eric Harland "Sangam"This was his last concert before tonights Montreux performance.At 77 he doesn't seem to slow down yet. A fascinating musician.
A cable discussion will get this ABX thread quickly off topic and the accessories and cable section is non-ABX (or non-DBT) zone  
    UPDATE :I have the above set up now for exactly one year and 1 day (the HD800 for 2.5 years by now) and haven't changed a thing.As a side effect, I have lost interest in the usual magazines for anything beyond music reviews.My music collection has grown significantly but there is still the same fascination listening to acoustic music with this set up.For me I would sign my above statement again right away.
The simple question if short or long sample is better to recognize differences doesn't really matter all that much.   More important is the question whether or not the specific sample is suitable to reveal differences or not. Certain signals are pretty simple and can be compressed w/o audible loss of information, it doesn't really matter if you listen to such a sample for 10 sec or 10 minutes. Or you listen one time only each or switch back and forth a hundred times. If...
There is no problem with blind tests at all,   the problem starts immediately when people outside of the original tests start interpretation beyond the limits of the test. A test is conducted in a specific setting, in specific conditions (equipment, music examples), with specific participants and what not.   The results of this test are LIMITED to these specific conditions and can NOT be extrapolated to other equipment, other music or other participants. Simple as...
You should definitely ask your local customs office, if everything is alright, otherwise you might not be able to enjoy the GSX-Mk2 to the fullest. The sound will only be fully relaxed after all duties have been paid. Congrats anyway!
The "study" is not new, it's from 2009 . You see with your eyes, you feel with your skin and you hear with your ears. Ask a 4th grader... Obviously there is some overlap between feeling the pressure of certain frequencies if the SPL is high enough. That has nothing to do with hearing. You can't "understand the message" of the sound with your skin. That simply is BS. Hearing with your eyes? ... lip sync ability is based on seeing, not hearing.   How come that...
 A market is usually driven by what most people accept. If only a few complain, no one changes anything. How do most people listen to music today? They listen on the go, in public transport, on the street, in restaurants, everywhere and they typically use the music as a background for their daily life. They don't sit down in a quiet room and focus on nothing else but listening to music. And they do not analyze the files with some db tool. Given that typical consumer...
 People didn't go and grabbed, they voted with their wallet, or credit card.Sold units are making up the charts and artists selling more are more successful in this music industry.Have all consumers been complaining endlessly on twitter and FB about the lousy sound quality of the product they bought? No, they have NOT90%+ of people listen to music and not really care too much about audiophile aspects we are fretting about here. Face reality 
"Grossartig!" Thanks for posting, watched first 30 min. and will get back to it.Bernstein had an exact idea how it should sound and how to get the orchestra where he wanted them.No holding back to pointing out directly what he didn't like but that the only way to get things moving and not wasting enormous time and energy. That reminds me of an interview on WBGO with Esperanza Spalding who defended a rigorous teacher/mentor Hal Crook by saying you don't get anywhere when...