Posts by nickie

For me clip was an example as a reference to give an indication of how well these Ciem perform given a less powerful source, which is pretty much most mobile devices are nowadays. While I do agree totl ciems deserves a good source, finding one is not easy. My previous experiences with such journey has been very disappointing.Thank you for the suggestion. I saw one of these and the Hisound studio v in Asia a few months ago but chose not to even audition them for some reason...
 Hi Rollk2 Since you have both the EM32 and the H8pro how do they compare straight out of the Sansa ?
Since these have very low sensitivity and high impedance, how does these sound compare to other CIEMs un-amped ? For example the EM32, JH13Pro FP or K10 ? Straight out of the Iphone or similar devices ?   Average_Joe mentioned in his review that Sansa clip -> H8pro combo was unacceptable makes me worried
Completely agree with your input.    I was considering buying one pair of the SE5 but due to the current state of his owner-transfer and remold policy i might consider Customart or other EU-based company instead. Like most people here i have absolute zero chance of auditioning the SE5 or any CIEM for that matter before purchasing them. The main source of info has always been head-fi and other blog reviews. While they most of the time do provide quite helpful...
Thank you for your input.   I was initially thinking the same way but i also own the SM3 and apart from being a much thicker sounding IEM it comes quite close in term of sound stage. However i have problem getting good seal from my left ear consistently so i was hoping a CIEM would provide just that with more balance and details in the upper region. 
Hi   I'm planning to go custom and wonder if there are any Custom IEM available that provide similar sound signature to the AD700 ? I love the sparkly highs and the details of the AD700 and would love to get a pair of CIEM that have these attributes + perhaps a little more bass.   I mostly listen to acoustic but also appreciate pop and hip hop but never rock. My budget is 1500$ and would prefer to listen straight out of my Iphone.   These are currently on my top...
Hi   I'm planning to go custom and wonder if there are any Custom IEM available that provide similar sound signature to the AD700 ? I love the sparkly highs and the details of the AD700 and would love to get a pair of CIEM that have these attributes + perhaps a little more bass.   I mostly listen to acoustic but also appreciate pop and hip hop but never rock. My budget is 1500$ and would prefer to listen straight out of my Iphone.   These are currently on my top...
Thats partly correct but anyway since JH dont offer reshell buying one and reshell buy other companies would definitely not preserve the FP functionality  
+1    Actually the sound from the DSS is much clearer than the Mixamp due to no interference from the mic channel. Tried the DSS once with the DT770 80ohms but it doesnt work out so well but for the AD700 its more than enough.
Followed your giude and bought the AD700 + Turtle Beach DSS2 with Bassboost. The sound coming out of this combo is just bloody insane. The DSS2 really help the AD700 to fill in a lot of weight to the sound.