Posts by nmatheis

Will have to try that...
Nope, haven't tried OPA627 with LME49600 yet. I acquired quite a few Opamps to try and was running them through with BUF but remembered people commenting on how good OPA627 + HA5002 sounded, so I broke up my routine. At first, I was getting a lot of hum out of the HO with OPA627 + HA5002 - but only if I pushed the volume pot past ~9 o'clock. Then I reseated OPA627 and both HA5002, and luckily the hum went away. I think you've got the right idea with two E12 DIY @K.T.. I...
A lot of car stereos expect weaker LO from iPhones or iPods, so there have been reports of distortion when connecting mid to upper tier DAPs to car stereos because they have powerful LO. If this happens, connecting to HO will correct the issue even if it is technically incorrect to do so.
Good points on the Shozy Alien @Bruce Banner. I've read others who have much the same opinion. Gives me something to consider...
Yes, enjoy your X3!
Yup, I agree with that statement. However, getting to what I actually want to listen to gets more difficult without a display!
Agree in using amp to change sound signature. I've been enjoying E12 DIY with different buffer + opamp combinations
Depends on what you want @ShreyasMax. X3 has warmer, more intimate sound signature. X5 has more analytical, open sound signature. If you prefer warm + intimate, then X3 will be better despite being less expensive. If you prefer more analytical + open, then you'll prefer X5 but will have to pay more. Fortunately, along with the higher price you get 2 mSD slots and (arguably) more intuitive UI. There's always DX90 and Pono in the same-ish price range as X5, too...
I agree that the X3 is a great DAP. I also like the buttons and the hardware bass/treble controls. I like the X5's dual mSD slots even more, though! @ShreyasMax: Didn't realize you were in India. No idea what shipping to India would cost from US. I've only sold within CONUS before.
Enjoying HA5002 + OPA627 Cheers to @ClieOS and @Reima for making it happen!