Posts by Corleone

Hi there. I'm looking for a SE-L40, preferably in good cosmetic condition. Even so I will consider worn offers too, but of course at a reasonable price for it's condition.   Should: - At least the metal construction and leather headband should be in good cosmetic condition   Not needed: - Box and/or users manual (althought this would be really cool to have too) - Cable - Pads does not need to be in good condition - Does not even have to have working drivers,...
Thanks. I already saw that after Massdrop sending me an email about it. I might get them even tho I recently realized just how good the stock pads were on my head with some proper rotational adjustments.
Hello! I would love to buy some new pads to try with my TH-X00 and I'm especially interested in the ZMF Ori pads. Preferably not too worn pads, but just throw me a quick description with your offer. Shipping is to Norway, and for some reason most US residents believe it's expensive. Using USPS First-Class International shipping for my TH-X00 only cost $34.50.
Hi guys!   Anyone wants to get rid of their pair of TH-X00 before a new wave of massdrops hits the classifieds? I'm living in Norway and really want to try these beauties.* Shipping would have to be done with via UPSP First-Class International, which is a signed-for airmail service with tracking number. This is both safe, fast and affordable. The weigh of the double boxed headset would be approximately 1200 grams, which translates into $34.50 in shipping costs; not bad...
Impressions?
AHA! I thought the texture of the wood looked a little off when hearing that it was gonna be made of oak (oak has a slightly different color and usually larger cells). Glad to see that all the negative expectations might not come to fruition!
Inflated? I thought they were $50 cheaper than the RS1e, and we still don't know exactly (or anything) about how well/bad and different they will perform.
You guys might be putting a little too much into it. Give it some time, and with luck you'll be seeing reviews before stock runs out :) I'm guessing this because these are not as radically different in design as the Bushies were.   I would also agree that the brown headband would look really off with oak cups.
Thought I'd share my post here too: http://www.head-fi.org/t/771098/new-grado-gh1-headphone-available-for-pre-order-at-ttvjaudio/15#post_11741326
Picture from Grado's own Linked-in page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grado-labs From the picture it's obvious that these phones are open-backed. From the looks of it they're shipped with the plastic gimbals, probably putting them somewhere in Bushmills-territory (which I woulda bought if they were made from Ardbeg ex-sherry casks :P). The cup design seems slightly different, altho not by much. Let's hope the real difference is in the drivers and not in the limited...