or Connect

Posts by Corleone

Impressions?
AHA! I thought the texture of the wood looked a little off when hearing that it was gonna be made of oak (oak has a slightly different color and usually larger cells). Glad to see that all the negative expectations might not come to fruition!
Inflated? I thought they were $50 cheaper than the RS1e, and we still don't know exactly (or anything) about how well/bad and different they will perform.
You guys might be putting a little too much into it. Give it some time, and with luck you'll be seeing reviews before stock runs out :) I'm guessing this because these are not as radically different in design as the Bushies were.   I would also agree that the brown headband would look really off with oak cups.
Thought I'd share my post here too: http://www.head-fi.org/t/771098/new-grado-gh1-headphone-available-for-pre-order-at-ttvjaudio/15#post_11741326
Picture from Grado's own Linked-in page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grado-labs From the picture it's obvious that these phones are open-backed. From the looks of it they're shipped with the plastic gimbals, probably putting them somewhere in Bushmills-territory (which I woulda bought if they were made from Ardbeg ex-sherry casks :P). The cup design seems slightly different, altho not by much. Let's hope the real difference is in the drivers and not in the limited...
The higher you go, the bigger diminishing return becomes. This is not entirely true until you hit a specific price range which I will not try to define as I'm way too casual an audiophile ;)
- First the 325 were made in different variations including the black anodized aluminium and black wire mesh and the plain aluminium version. Both looked quite cylindrical even if they had a small reinforced ridge at the end, somewhat similar to the current cup design, just not as wide. These look a bit funky IMO. - Then Grado released the Golden/Champagne colored SR325I version that introduced the current design with wider a ridge/reinforcement and black wire mesh. As...
I can confirm that these guys know their stuff. Absolutely correct! :)
 Beautiful headband! Keep the drivers relatively flush with the bottom of the cups. If you choose to have them recessed then don't place them too deep as this usually affects the sound in a bad way. Consider using something to seal that huge slit for the cabling, as it'll be way too long for such slender drivers. The Senn's driver has approx. 1mm wider diameter than the Grado drivers, so it might be too tight if you try to tape the entire circumference of he driver.Try a...