Posts by icebrain1

Ok, I just bought the DT990 pro yesterday for $136, which is a locally good deal and I didn't have to pay for shipping. I'm gonna partner it with Schiit Vali Amp (TY for the recommendation Mshenay). The amp should be arriving soon, so I didn't test it yet with the headphones. When I tested the headphones in the shop, they sounded extremely clear and had great audio. I came home then plugged it in to my iPod touch 2, and I could barley hear anything lol. So, I cranked up...
   Thank you very much for the help.I found a place to try the DT990S so if they sound good i guess ill pick up a pair.
Thank you very much for the reply.   LOL I have been trying to decide between these 2 for so long, i am unable to listen to them over hear so i have to base my decision on others opinions ty.   I thought the Vali was good for the dt990 since most people seem to be pairing it with that. And use much mopre exspensive amps with the AKG's.   Sorry one question on the quidio of them, Which one has a deeper resonating bass (deep not very punchy).   One thing that turned...
I have to say, great review thanks.   I am torn between these 2 headphones and have no idea which i should get.   Do you have any idea which would be better for symphonic/power metal and music like Simon and Garfunkal?   If i get the dt 990 i would be pairing them with the Schiit Vali amp. not sure what would be a goof sub $150 amp for the akg q701's though.   Thank you very much looking forward to your reply.
Hello Head-Fi, first time posting in the HI-FI section. Im still a beginner to audio so i apologize for my lack of knowledge.   I have been on a quest to find a new set of hi-fi cans. So i narrowed it down to the the DT-990 pro's or the AKG-Q701's. Long story short i decided on the Q701's, but i heard they're pretty hard to drive well. So i was wandering if i needed an amp or amp/dac combo.   If i get the the amp alone i would be connecting to the on board audio on...
Thank you very much.
Thank you everybody for all the advice.   I think I may go with dt990 pros. I can buy them locally, and they seem like the best all round cans. I also read some threads, even though the q701 has lower impedance they require much better amp to drive. So seems like it may be easier to use the Beyers.   one more thing though lots of people say the highest highs are overbearing on the Beyers. any one know EQ setting or something i could do to reduce them, if they turn...
Lol the decision keeps getting harder.   So i guess its down to the DT 990 Pro or the AKG Q701.   Any idea on which is easier to drive?   Thank you.
Ya i was checking it a while back but lots of review say they are better for gaming and films than music.   I need headphone primarily for music other stuff come second.   Thanks.
Thanks, are there any differences between the Q and k models. also is there much differance between the 701 and 702?   Also is there any way to replace the ear pads to leather or or leatherette.   Thank you very much, i needed something with clear vocals.