or Connect

Posts by dguitarnut

For you Tidal users under settings which do you prefer? System default or Schiitt Audio Gen3 USB and do you use exclusive mode under the latter choice? I can't make up my mind on preference although I tend to go with Schitt Audio gen3 and exclusive mode unchecked so i get higher resolution mode than the 44hz Tidal resolution.    Do you think by doing this and up sampling via the Yggi  that I'm degrading the native 44hz of tidal?
Bump bump
Bump
Like new Bryston 2.5B SST2 in mint condition. Less than 3 years old. 135 watts per channel into 8 Ohms and over 180 watts per channel at 4 ohms Has over 17 years of warranty left. New retail was $3295 Selling because of upgrade-itis
Mamá mía , mamá mía ........fígaro Bravisimo!
I have a very gently used PS Audio PWD Mk. II DAC Black in excellent condition.  Was a top rated DAC and the darling of many headfiers for years and can still hold its own.   Original owner, still under warranty! See below! Great Dac with original shipping box and remote control.   Changing and upgrading system. Price includes Paypal fees.      Shipping charges a flat $100 for fedex ground anywhere in the lower 48 states.   PS Audio Registration PerfectWave DAC...
Yep it does and my Macbook Pro under preferences tab or Midi tab the volume controls are inoperable with the Yggy.  Wasn't so with the PWD2.In my research the Axiom II balanced with walker mod appears to be the best of passive preamps but at $649 its pricey.As an alternative I am thinking about getting an integrated amp to replace my Bryston 2.5sst2. A plus is that some have a remote control.
Just got home and quickly put the Yggy in place of my PWd2 and I now have a problem with my volume control. The ps audio pwd2 has a remote and I can alter the volume easily. The yggy is at full gain it appears and now I have to keep the Tidal volume control just a notch above 0 to get my usual listening volume. My chain is MacBook Pro via usb to Yggy to Bryston 2.5 amp to speakers. I used the Pwd2 pretty much as my pre-amp but I can't use the Yggy that way. Am I...
Well a week ago I decided to place the order on a yggy cause the website said 2 to 3 week delivery. I was going on a 10 day business trip so I hoped that would cut down my anticipation. But imagine my surprise when the next day I get an email saying it is shipped and here is the tracking number. My wife received it and it is waiting for me at home! I ordered silver but I don't really care about color.
Sold