or Connect

Posts by Darkseth

A description would be helpful. What exactly? Tonality? Does it feels like soundquality is just really bad?   (try another source. Like another computer, your smartphone etc.
Even worse: Some said, it needs more power, than the 250 Ohm DT-series. The T (Tesla) series is MUCH more efficient.
But it should be much more expensive? DT 880 costs 215-230€ here. AKG K712 costs 350€, almost like the better T90.   And, since the K712 is pretty much just an K701 with WORSE soundstage/resolution, but MORE bass.... well, i would NOT buy the K712 without comparing it directly to a T90. (but again, with MY known prices. idk how prices are in your country^^)
I would mention the Beyerdynamic T90 (if you arent allergic to a bit treble). I found it quite spacious, althrough i am not very sensetive for soundstage comparisons. Pricerange is also quite nice. For 399€ atm, sometimes 350€, the soundstage, precision, and details are truly incredible.
Yup, the solo 2 is the only good beats. Especcially for his 140€ price her ein germany~. (see Innerfidelity review). He was also disappointed of the Studio 2, and i would not buy it. Directly compared to the Fidelio X2 is like day and night. The Studio feels like a cheap plastic toy, that fell off a McDonalds kids menu. While the X2 is build with a really high quality, and good materials. It's soundquality is also by far superior. But again: The studio is closed, and...
Still. Thats just some measurements, that has nothing to do with real life listening. Did you Listen to that specific setup, and heared the difference you have stated? I have Used my old Shure SE 215 inears with 20 Ohm on my old Asus Xonar DX (97~ Ohm output impedance). I heared like zero difference to my smartphone (back then, Galaxy S3 with wolfson audio chip) If its hearable: Fine. If its not, who cares.Just from the impedance you will NEVER be able to say which sounds...
But thats more 90% theory... I am pretty sure, a 1200€+ planar magnetic headphone with low impedance will sound way more precise than a 300 Ohm HD 600/650.You can pretty much completely ignore the Impedance of a headphone, as it alone gives you Zero information about anything. You will have to try, and view the headphone as a whole.For example, my smartphones drives my 250 Ohm T90 so loud, that i can't endure above 13/15 volume on my smartphone. (with NO external amp or...
Order both and try. One person will tell you hd 600 are better, other one that x2 are better. Sound is a personal thing~   But whats objective: The X2 are FAR better built than the HD 600.   But pls: You can read amazon reviews, but dont make your choice there!!! Every "idiot" can write a recension on amazon. And at least on our german ones, most of them have no knowledge about a product, and still giving 4-5 stars. Like, 20€ no-name power supplys with 4-5 stars,...
I can assure you, the T90 is SO easy to drive, The pretty much only thing an Amp will do for you is: Louder. Really, don't know a headphone thats easier to drive at that pricepoint. So: If its loud enough, you probably won't notice more than a few % difference in soundquality.   For me, i am using my Asus Phoebus for it, and i honestly doubt that i will hear ANY difference to a 500€ amp.   Take the 120€ Shiit Vali (tube amp will be a nice combination to the T90) and...
I think, if everything's overpriced, i would personally give Beyerdynamic a shot. Since it has a great spare part situation if anything happens to it, so at least you get a quite good guarantee, that it will last long.