Posts by Darkseth

balanced are pretty much... more detailed. But if you have only ONE BA driver, its range isnt very high. (a good example, phonak PFE 112, which had very low subbass, and very low treble above 12-13 khz).   If you like much bass, more in the M50s direction, you do not want a single BA driver.   Look here into a dynamic one, like Shure SE 215. Dark sounding, for that price pretty strong and punchy and very deep bass and warm mids. The IE8/80 is kinda a slightly better...
Yup, here: http://www.thomann.de/pt/beyerdynamic_dt990pro.htm
Closed: Isolating in both ways. You dont hear whats around you, and sound from the headphones is not leaking to the outside. But, the Soundstage is mostly smaller, your own voice gets isolated too if you talk via TS (idk, at least for ME it sounds "strange", when i cant hear my own voice correctly, and start talking louder with closed cans). Also, your ears can be abit warmer in summer.   Open: more airy/natural, since you hear everything around you. its more like with...
Easy choice, if "durable" is your highest criterium.   Beyerdynamic DT 770 (closed) or DT 990  (open, wider soundstage) both in 250 Ohm.. Both as Pro or Edition (Edition only, if its not much more expensive. For example, "Madooma", a german shop, is selling a special edition of the DT 770 Edition 250 Ohm for 149€, while it was like 200€+ the last years). Both have strong bass/treble, very funs ignature. But also, your G35 should also be a pretty bassy thing).   Want...
Enough impedance? The output impedance has NOTHING to do with its output Power^^   And yes, the E09k would have more than enough power to drive the 600 Ohm.   But as long you dont want do combine the E09k with a portable DAC/amp, to use together AND use it portable, This amp is NOT worth the Money. There are much better choices then, tbh. Get a Yulong u100, or Audinst HUD MX2, MX1, or even the HUD Mini.   Except, the Fiio E09k already has a DAC built in, which is...
What do you want to drive?
If die M100 have too much bass, definitely Momentum.
V-Moda Crossfade M100 should be pretty much perfekt. portable, easy to drive, very good/solid build quality, bassy. Cant imagine anything, that wont be hearable on that. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100   Tbh, i cant think of any headphone, that comes close to your desired wishes closer than this.
If possible, try both. If not, try the DT 770 first (because of comfort, AND the spare parts)   Alternative: Audio Technica ATH M50. Here in Germany, that thing with Spiral cable fell from 159€ down to 78€~, and then up to 99€~. For that price, thats a pretty good choice. Comfort is still below DT 770 (i like velour much more). Shure SRH 840 is also worth listening to. some what of a warm sounding
Well, naturally, the One M8 will have its limits. The Essence can have more, and bigger (and so also better) components (like capacitors, opamps, etc) on the platine. The M8 has pretty much just a small on-chip solution. But its impressive, how close the M8 can come with this small thing ^^