Posts by Dobber65

BAs don't really need to be burned in (I'm undecided on dynamics).  The bass may not be what you expected, but it is there in spades and it is high quality.  You may need to adjust your expectations, possibly redefining what is good bass vs. loud or accentuated bass.  I have many tracks that can produce very low rumbles from these, and they hold it together.   I enjoy my TFPs, and as I said, they remain competitive today.  Even the Shure 500/530, designed and...
I have the regular (and discontinued) SF5 Pro (dual-BA) and the TripleFi Pro, but not the EBs.  The SF5 was/is a good IEM to me, and the TFP is a big step up in clarity and bass.  The EB was a very unique IEM when it was on the market, with those who loved it (mainly bassheads, but not only bassheads) and those who couldn't stand it.  I can't give a personal opinion on the EB, but the TFP still holds its own in today's market, 5 years after release.
SuperFi 5EB, dual driver, one balanced armature, one dynamic for each earpiece.
The original Turbines are a good choice. I found their signature very Grado-like, but also improved in all the important areas. Guitar distortion is great on the Turbines.
I purchased the Loud Enough IEMs for my kids earlier this year and am very pleased with the results.  Having volume control on an iPod and in the IEM just reinforces the safety factor.  While not audiophile quality, they are still working fine and in great physical condition.  The fact they are not earbuds is also nice in that by sealing outside noises, my kids don't have to play the music louder in loud environments (or outdoors).  The counter to that though is that you...
I have the original Monster Turbines, as well as the Gold and Copper Pro versions, all are extremely good.  I don't have the IE6, but it's bigger brother the IE8, which is also excellent after some burn-in, and Sennheiser's IE line have a great reputation.   I believe the original Turbine should be fine, and the price is reasonable.  It is a bit warmer than the Pros, but the detail and overall smoothness are still incredible, especially with the level, depth, and...
I would recommend the Monster Turbine (in your price range or less), or for a bit more, the Monster Turbine Pro (Copper or Gold) or the UE/Logitech Triple.fi Pro. I like the E5c (good clarity and built like a tank), but more recent IEMs such as the Turbines and TFPs are improvements, especially in your price range.  Bass is improved compared to the E5c, and the TFP treble is very extended and unique.  I prefer the Turbines more today due to their coherent presentation...
Mine are 18 months old and have been used on all my international trips.  While they do not appear to be very durable, as long as you are careful with them you should not have any problems.  The Pros definitely feel more substantial and are reinforced with better strain reliefs, but my Turbines have held up very well.
OMG.   Best.Review.Ever.  (Or at least since your Ortofon review).  You are the second coming of Corey Greenberg, albeit with a British accent.
I have to agree with everyone above.  I was able to purchase my IE8s in the UK directly from Amazon.co.uk for a good price.  But, these were sold directly from Amazon, not through a reseller or fulfillment model.  If you purchase from Amazon directly, then you shouldn't have a risk of getting a fake.  With any other seller on Amazon (UK, US, etc.) there is an extremely good chance you will be purchasing fakes.   If not Amazon direct, then best to purchase from an...