Posts by JohnMarch

My recommendation is to format an empty microSD card in your X3 before loading it with music files  Don't use WIndows or another O/S to format the card.
Hi TGH. Just to thank you for your suggestion. I obviously hadn't thought of scrolling down to the bottom of the list. Turning the option OFF has done what I want. I've also turn the Resume option ON (Last Song) so it will be interesting to see what happens.
Thanks for that information. I'll look into it.
I'm finding the Play Mode selections rather confusing. I have my album files arranged in sub-folders under a main folder pertaining to the albums' supplier. What I'm currently finding is that it tends to want to play EVERYTHING in the supplier's folder, after I've selected a specific album there - whether I want it to or not. What I want to be able to do is select one album at a time, then perhaps move on to something different elsewhere once I've listened to it. I've...
I got my microSD card (complete with full-sized SD holder) through eBay Australia and it was much cheaper than buying it locally. One thing I have noticed with FW3.34, and which I'll have to look into, is what seems like the automatic playing of all music in an artist folder. That ambient album I was listening to seemed to be playing 'forever' so I thought I'd better check and see what file it was up to. That's when I found it had actually moved on to the NEXT album in the...
I've just installed FW3.34 and am currently listening to an ambient album that needs gapless playback. I noticed a small gap at the end of the first track, whereas it should have been seamlessly continuous. Then I wondered if the Gapless option was turned OFF - and it was. That is clearly the default situation whenever a firmware update occurs. Once I turned it on, all was well. As someone has already mentioned, the sound quality is superb - but then I thought it was with...
That really is strange. I've sometimes played numerous albums one after the other (three or so hours of continuous listening) and it's never turned itself off during one of the albums. Sure, if it's left idle for a minute or so it will switch itself off. I have 3.3 installed at present. I'm not clear if you were experiencing the problem with 3.3 or just 3.34. I have downloaded this new version but I'm wondering whether it might be better to wait until it's past 'beta'. I...
That was meant to be 100 per cent !!!
I couldn't agree with you more. It's a real pain having to go through all the various areas to get back to where you were before. Also if you've finished playing an album and you wait a little while, the player switches itself off so you have to go through the entire rigmarole again.After thinking that all was well with my player, I had another very small glitch on a 16/44.1 CD rip. I actually hoped it was a corrupted file but when I played it again later it didn't...
I went back to eBay and was able to successfully log in so I'm not sure what happened before. I've purchased one of the higher speed 128GB class 10 Sandisk cards and hope to have it in a few days.