Posts by DVass13

I second this. I would be very interested in replacing the headband on my Xs with a suspension-style one. Any chance we could see these headbands available before the new year?
 I wonder if this sale has anything to do with a recent deal at one of those random group buy sites - offer it cheap through some other company and then sell it for even less through their own site. Nonetheless, this seems like a great deal for someone with a little bit of time on their hands for a DIY project.
Fiio X3 with 64 gb micro SD card - $160 shipped   I bought this Fiio this past spring and used it mainly as an external DAC for my computer as I really didn't do too much traveling that required a DAP. Since the spring I have moved positions at work and am allowed to have electronic devices at my desk. I have also purchased the Fiio X5. So I am now looking to sell the X3 and the 64 gb micro SD card with it. The card currently has ~60 gb of lossless music files that I...
This suspension-style headband might be the resurrection of my LCD-X. I love this sound signature, but the discomfort means they don't get much head time. I owned the HE-400/500 for some time as well as the HE-560 and the new headband was definitely an improvement. I hope the same goes for Audezes. It seems like such a waste to have such great sounding and expensive headphones but only be able to wear them for ~1 hour at a time before they become uncomfortable.
-Headphone(s) you possess:   Audeze LCD-X, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser HD 800, Shure SE215 -DAP(s) you possess:   Fiio X3, Fiio X5, iPod Classic -FiiO product(s) you possess (if any):   Fiio X3, Fiio X5, Fiio E12 -Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted:   Fiio X5: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-high-res-portable-music-player/reviews/11189   Hifiman HE-560: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-560/reviews/11288 -Your...
While everyone else is off at RMAF or anticipating the Yggy, I spent my morning with this beautiful pair. I will try to write something up tomorrow, but for now all I will say is that after listening to the two I legitimately pondered if it was worth selling my HD800s, LCD-X, and raising the necessary funds...     (sorry for the poor-quality)
 These can be purchased for only $949 from RazorDog: http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/hifiman/products/hifiman-he-6-planar-driver-headphone-b-stock-100-tested-and-complete They're open box, but come with all accessories/warranty of new ones. I've bought a few items from Brian and have been nothing less than pleased with all of them.
 I believe Defiant00 was referring to 4-pin XLR and speaker outputs, not 4-pin XLR and SE headphone outputs...
 I don't think you will have to worry about burning yourself on the knob. As long as you leave a few inches of room open above and to the sides of the Rag it's not going to heat up as some people will lead you to believe. I had to put a Mjolnir on top of my Rag and completely cover the top vents with a towel before the Rag got noticeably hot. And even then it didn't seem any worse and the Asgard...
 You might want to check again. I just opened the website and I have the 230V option available.