Posts by KmanChu

The Schiit Wyred will improve it more than a little bit. The M51 responds well to USB power conditioners. That said, I settled on the Puc2 Lite. But I think spending more than a few hundred on the M51 doesn't make sense nowadays as it is growing a bit long in the tooth...
The M51 is a very clean and detailed sound. Bass has always sounded (to me) to have good extension and texture. If I have one criticism of the M51 compared to some other dacs it is that it may be a bit polite overall and have slightly less dynamic slam/snap than some others. The bass is there, and I would wager it is more accurate to the source material than the Gunginir.    BTW, I would put in a plug for the Yellowtec with the M51, although I would think some of the...
Your Lyr does not lack for power. That is not an issue with that amp.
My 3Fs did change a bit with breaking-in but the never ever sounded fatiguing. How high are you cranking up the volume? With your most-excellent setup the volume could get really high before it would start to sound fatiguing. Is it possible you might be cranking it so hard your ears are starting to complain?
Me want...
Looks like I cannot come after all. Scratch me off the list. I'll make it one of these days...
I think that I might get to come. If anyone is interested I can bring my main rig:   Ayre QB-9DSD, Red Wine Audio Cassabria, LCD-3F, Alpha Dog
The iFi micro iDSD is a very viable option and works great with Audezes. Either use the built-in amp or follow it with the micro iCAN for an even smoother sound. 
 That doesn't sound right. Are you sure there isn't something else going on? If your amp has DC offset or if it passes square wave when turned off and on with the headphone connected? Something like that could kill a transducer prematurely.
Any differences from the NAD in terms of volume are more likely contributed to your downstream gear. An analog volume pot that is mostly closed off will make a far bigger difference than the digital volume control on the M51.  If anything, the M51 should become gradually less resolving as volume is reduced because attenuating the volume digitally reduces the SNR (however this is more likely of technical rather than practical consequence.)