Posts by highfell

I have been using it without any problems
For sure. Tempted to buy them to try them out.Also realistic, if there isn't a plug & play solution available then it will beyond my "pay grade".
How would you fit them in? Could you fit them in with the top Lid closed?
I realise now that I have never evaluated the lme49990s at all as my Muses arrived at the same time. Crickey, best of 50, I need to try them......Do you use them with dummy buffers or something else?
How are you finding them ?I have just swapped out dummy buffers for HA5002s - seems to add a little more oomph & depth and reduce the occasional thinness of the sound , whilst not compromising the transparency of the 2068s
I am yet to try them. Not sure why in a way as, although I only have two of them, I could still listen to them single ended in the PB2.I guess the reason is that I really enjoy listening to the Leckerton with the 627s - and despite my love of the PB2 - the sound of Leckerton is still the one that I somehow fall back on, and the sound of the 627s is synonimous with the Leckerton. The Leckerton is also a well built and well dsigned Amp.I find the 627s very musical, maybe...
I have a pair of Sennheiser 600 so not too far removed from your HE560s.In addition to the stock OPamps, that came with the Pb2 I have purchased the following and here is my experience :1. Lme49990 OPamps x 42. MUSES01 & 02 X23. Ha5002 buffers x4.4. JRC2068LME49990s are very musical. They have a clear, lively sound with a seemingly transparent approach. So the detail is there but not too bright, harsh or shrill though. They seem to bring out the musical quality of my DAP....
Not sure about that.When I tried out Muses01 and 02 (my post on page 74 mentioned this) :"As a little aside , I also had some electronic noise interference [with Muses 02] on my commute into work which I haven't had with the Muses01"Whilst, I haven't used Muses02 since then, I obviously did suffer some interference with 02 but never with 01.
For a really transparent opamp (maybe not a buffer) try some JRC2068s. Ron (hiflight) sent me some and they are so clean sounding. I was realy surprised when I started to use them.There is something beguiling about them. There have a a real clarity and transparency. I have been listening to the Naive Vivladi editions and the music just flows like a stream of liquid glass and is as smooth as silk. Great mids and highs, but what I find surprising is that even the deeper bass...
In line with being constantly looking for improvements, I am interested in considering the Hugo for both portable use and also as a static DAC feeding home stereo system, ie 1. portable use - sitting on a train with UE Triple 10 Pros either with or without a IBasso PB2 or Leckerton UHA 6S mkii. It would replace a DX90 as the DAC but I would use the Dx90 to feed it. And I would probably sell the Leckerton & IBasso PB2. 2. Home Dac use feeding a Fatman 202 Valve amp. It...