or Connect

Posts by highfell

I pair mine with Sennheiser 600HD, Beyerdynamic T90s both very enjoyable. The T90s bring out the crystal clarity of the Hugo.My IEMs are Schure 846 - and I have a wonderful three dimensional musical treat. I hear no hiss.At home I can pair the Hugo with my class A SET tube amplifier and speakers - sublime.The Hugo is very versatile and to my my mind not that fat from the TT and there are some people on this forum who think that the TT isn't that far behind Dave !!!
It was ironic really because having only recently restored by record player, I so wanted it to be the winner and love the sound of vinyl again, not realising that I already had that with the Hugo. To be fair, it was a close decision and they both sound good
We did a vinyl versus Hugo test through speakers using the exact same piece of music which included a ten minute acoustic guitar solo. The three of us agreed that the Hugo sounded more vinyl like than the record player and my fellow listeners were doing a blind test.My view is that Hugo is very true to analogue/vinyl sound.
I am know I am responding to my own question , but great customer service from ibasso. They will ship me a dx90 replacement cable at minimal cost.
Similar question to that above but I would like a one cable solution . I also have just lost my dx90 coaxial cable, will this Fiio one work in its place : FiiO L21 - 3.5mm RCA Cable Thanks
I too love the Chord sound. I have both and here is my take on them :Mojo vs Hugo* Sound - Hugo wins. Not much in it but enough to matter. Clearer, cleaner sound. More euphoric, spine tingling moments.* Hugo is the better DAC for use in home Hifi systems* Portability - Mojo wins* Ease of charging on the move - mojo wins because of USB* Phone interference - Hugo wins - zero with Hugo. When Phone on edge or GPRS , Mojo transmits this noise. Hugo never* Ease of use - Mojo....
Similar post on the Dave thread but I thought I should post here as well I had just got my old Rega Planar 2 working again this week after some thirty years. I am still in early stages of testing it out with my amplifiers. Initially, I got out my old Sansui Receiever with its phono input an unchanged Grado F1+ cartridge into my Revolver speakers and felt that thrill again of Vinyl . The consensus from those listening was that the music sounded more guttural but also...
You got me thinking.I had just got my old Rega Planar 2 working again this week after some thirty years. I am still in early stages of testing it out with my amplifiers.Initially, I got out my old Sansui Receiever with its phono input an unchanged Grado F1+ cartridge into my Revolver speakers and felt that thrill again of Vinyl . The consensus from those listening was that the music sounded more guttural but also clearer, but this was listening to the Final Cut by Pink...
For my edification, can you explain the "issue" concerning the output impedance of 75ohmThanks !
My take on Mojo vs Hugo* Sound - Hugo wins. Not much in it but enough to matter. Clearer, cleaner sound. More euphoric, spine tingling moments.* Hugo is the better DAC for use in home Hifi systems* Portability - Mojo wins* Ease of charging on the move - mojo wins because of USB* Phone interference - Hugo wins - zero with Hugo. When Phone on edge or GPRS , Mojo transmits this noise. Hugo never* Ease of use - Mojo. Just connect and away you go. Don't need to select the...