Posts by goldendarko

I would agree with that, it's probably a draw there but let's see how else they compare: Bass: Huge win for the HE1000, not even close, the HD800 is lacking in bass for a flagship. The HE1000 has bass incredible bass quantity and quality, very full sounding but clear and detailed at the same time, whereas the HD800 bass is one of the least enjoyable I've heard in a flagship can. Mids: Another win for the HE1000, very neutral and engaging whereas the HD800 can get a bit...
I understand this hobby is all subjective and that everyone has different opinions, but I just can't understand how anyone who has heard both could honestly prefer the HD800 over the HE1000. Value-wise I can understand the argument, but in pure sonic comparison the HD800 can't even hold the HE1000's cable, it's clearly in another league. It's like telling someone Apple earbuds are as good as a low end pair of Grado's - sorry but it's just incorrect. There is nothing the...
You wouldn't buy the HE1000 if it was the same price as the HD800? You must be crazy, it is clearly a better headphone IMO.
No thanks, I've owned them previously, not my cup of tea. Thanks for the offer though.
price drop
price drop
Did hifiman say they were just adjusting headband length? I don't want to divulge any info I'm not supposed to but from my PMs with them it sounds like there are quite possibly a few more changes in store.
I thought they weren't quite as efficient as specs would indicate. Seem to require a lot of juice for a phone rated at 90
Congrats, Relic, I plan on trying the same thing. Wondering if something like the Liquid Carbon & an Arcam irDAC might give me better results than the HA-1. But I really like the all-in-one beauty of the HA-1 too, don't think it will be going away unless the LC just blows me away.
Suede option stays cooler yes.