Posts by zippy2001

All tubes have been SOLD. I'm selling all my 6SL7 tubes. CONUS only I will charge actual shipping costs. Thanks. (2) 1950's Brimar ECC35 CV1985 6SL7GTY SQ Getter Brown Micanol Base - STC Footscray Prod - ENGLAND $30 each (2) Chelmer ECC35 $7 each (3) 1950's RCA 6SL7GT $5 each (1) 1940's RCA 6SL7GT VT-229 $5 (1) 1940s RCA 6SL7GT VT-229 $7 (4) 1950s Sylvania JAN-CHS-6SL7WGT $8 each (2) 1940s Sylvania 6SL7GT VT229 $10 each (1) Tung...
Quote: Originally Posted by vcoheda what are the line outputs used for on the BA? I believe it is just to output the signal to another device, either balanced or unbalanced.
Quote: Originally Posted by El_Doug i'm rather disappointed that craig didnt mention the equilibrato to me when I inquired about a BA I just keep telling myself, "the silver trafo upgrade will be worth the extra ~$1000".... The aesthetics of the Balancing Act are much nicer also and worth the extra $$$
Quote: Originally Posted by 909 i've not seen craig or steve since canjam 09 -- it's been a long while since i hung out with these guys and it was great chewing the fat, which i did a heck of a lot more of than listening. the equilibrato probably as most of you, i am taken by the look of this amp. i really like the industrial retro look and black on black color scheme. the chassis looks even more impressive in person. my time with the equilibrato...
Quote: Originally Posted by fkclo I would be interested to know too, especially since both the Balancing Act and the Equilibrato SE have very similar features and tube choice. F. Lo Here is Craig's explanation of the differences between the Equilibrato SE and the Balancing Act. "The Equilibrato SE has only front panel headphone outputs, the BA has balanced line outputs, and headphone line switching. The BA also adds a 4 pin XLR for both dual,...
Quote: Originally Posted by tako_tsubo Interesting......but is this just a ZDT designed with different tubes? Will the SQ really be that different from a ZDT/ZD say for a HD800? The Equilibrato is different, the Zana Deux is an OTL amp and the ZDT has transformer output which will also drive speakers. I think from a design standpoint, it is closer to the Balancing Act than the ZDT. According to Craig, the Equilibrato sounds better than the ZDT,...
Quote: Originally Posted by wower This thing's pretty cool, I'll admit it. Good tube choice too. I've heard lots of good things. I'd love to try it. Thanks for posting the prices. That's very helpful. This price bracket just got much much more interesting which is always a good thing for the community. Importantly, I don't see any balanced inputs on your unit. By what process is it being outputted to balanced? (Phase splitter? Some fancy...
Quote: Originally Posted by vcoheda how would an SE version differ from a Balancing Act? I don't know all of the details, but yes the SE starts getting very close to the Balancing Act. I think the things that will still set the Equilibrato SE apart from the Balancing Act is the really nice case, AC high frequency isolated heaters and silver output transformers.
Here are some of my impressions of the amp so far. I met David (909) at Craig's house on Saturday to pick up my Equilibrato and all I can say is that I am extremely pleased with this amp. David was kind enough to bring over his L3000s, a really great sounding cartridge and phono preamp. We did quite a bit of listening to both CD and vinyl on Craigs Sony PSX70 turntable. The Equilibrato with the PX4 sounds great, it is very musical. Listening to some vintage vinyl really...
Eddie Current Equilibrato Craig Uthus of Eddie Current has just created a new heaphone amp, the Equilibrato. Standard configuration - $1760 - two unbalanced inputs - 4 pin balanced and 1/4" unbalanced headphone jack - Regulated power supply, regulated heaters - Tubes - (1) Tung Sol 12SN7, (2) Sophia Electric PX4 SE - $2800 - The SE uses the BA dual vacuum tube power supply, and dual high frequency isolated heater amplifier. - Two balanced inputs, two unbalanced...