Posts by zippy2001

Quote: Originally Posted by Hopstretch That is one sweet looking turntable
Looks like everyone had a great time listening to some great gear. I wish I could have been there. Hopefully next time.
Quote: Originally Posted by KingStyles When is this amp going to be for sale and when is he going to start production? I would just contact Craig Uthus at Eddie Current Eddie Current-vaccum tube and custom amplifiers Quote: Originally Posted by arnesto If you are using the SE version, and you have unbalanced inputs into the amplifier. Shouldn't the circuitry to connect the balanced and unbalanced headphone outs be exactly the...
Quote: Originally Posted by atothex The styling and silver trafo option gives the BA 2 major advantages imo. If I were ever in the market for a high end tube amp, the BA still tops my list. I agree, if I had the cash to spend on a top of the line amp, the BA would be it. It does sound a bit better and I prefer the styling also.
Quote: Originally Posted by gjkphd Zippy, Have you heard the Woo WA 22? If so, any comparisons to the Equilibrato I did hear the WA22 at CanJam and thought it was a very good amp, I listened to it with the HD650s and it was great. The Equilibrato is an excellent amp and sounds much better to my ears than the WA22. I haven't heard them side by side, but I prefer the way the Equilibrato portrays the music. I listen to a wide variety of music and...
The Audio Technica AT-PEQ3 sounds good and is inexpensive. It was reviewed by Michael Fremer of Stereophile in December. "How about a sweet sounding starter phono preamp that lists for $119 but can be had online for under $70? It's the Audio-Technica AT-PEQ3, a little plug'n'play box with a wall-wart power supply that's quiet, sounds clean and suprisingly dynamic, and get's the job done remarkably well." - Michael Fremer, Stereophile, Vol. 32 No.12, December 2009
FS: music hall mmf-5 w/Audio-Technica AT-PEQ3 phono preamp I am selling my music hall mmf-5 with Goldring 1012GX cartridge installed. This is in very good condition, works perfectly. Also included in this bundle is the AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-PEQ3 PHONO PREAMP "How about a sweet sounding starter phono preamp that lists for $119 but can be had online for under $70? It's the Audio-Technica AT-PEQ3, a little plug'n'play box with a wall-wart power supply...
Quote: Originally Posted by dukja The price and functionality (4-pin balanced & 1/4 headphone output) certainly make Equilibrato very appealing to me. However, when I found out the price of Sophia PX4, >$350 (each), it makes me hesitate. So just two new tubes will cost about 40% ($700/$1760) of the original amp price. Wow! And how long can those Sophia run? I know very little about circuit but just wonder if Equilibratr is similar to Sonett, which is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mudhole Will you ship them to Canada? Not too far away! I know it's just like the 51st state. My only concern with Canada is when things get stuck in customs. If you don't mind a possible delay at the border, i'm sure we can work something out. thanks, steve
All tubes have been SOLD. I'm selling all my 6SL7 tubes. CONUS only I will charge actual shipping costs. Thanks. (2) 1950's Brimar ECC35 CV1985 6SL7GTY SQ Getter Brown Micanol Base - STC Footscray Prod - ENGLAND $30 each (2) Chelmer ECC35 $7 each (3) 1950's RCA 6SL7GT $5 each (1) 1940's RCA 6SL7GT VT-229 $5 (1) 1940s RCA 6SL7GT VT-229 $7 (4) 1950s Sylvania JAN-CHS-6SL7WGT $8 each (2) 1940s Sylvania 6SL7GT VT229 $10 each (1) Tung...