Posts by John Gazerro

Ted is the only way to go if you want a balanced and grounded XLR cable for your AK240.  Silver litz XLR cables terminated 2.5mm/3.5mm (Astell & Kern's new configuration).  Ted went the extra mile and used Hawaiian Mangowood for the "block." I was expecting a plain 2.5mm and 3.5mm cable.  Price was very, very easy on the wallet compared to other options I've seen. Cable sounds great.    Thanks, Ted!  
Impressions were on file from a previous order.
So that those still waiting can gauge approximate wait times:   Black Friday order #11942 was delivered yesterday.  CF with CF case and black cable.  Fit and finish is great.  First impressions: Very warm and natural, incredible sound-stage and a ton of bass if you want it.  I've got the bass dialed all the way down.  Insane midrange/vocal clarity.  Highs sound rolled off with my HD tracks version of Springsteen's "High Hopes" but I think that's the way the album is...
I'm still waiting on my CF Roxannes BF order #11942 Impressions on file from a previous order
That's just great. I ordered on CF Rox on BF and my order # is 11942. They had my impressions from a previous order, too. My ETA is mid to late May. This is pathetic.
Can anybody fill me in as to where this cable came from?  Not that I have a set of Roxannes to pair with my AK240, but I am hopeful that I will get them before I die. Black Friday order #11942, CF shells and black cable.
Thanks for the response. I understand the difficulties. I am somewhat optimistic about getting an AK-10 to work with an iPod classic because A. The adapter cable I found can be used for not just charging but syncing, so it's passing some type of signal and B. I have a Vamp Verza DAC and it can be used with my iPod classic and my iPhone 5 with only a cable swap.
I would like to use the AK-10 with an iPod classic. I found a 30-pin male to lightning female cable.  I wonder if this passes audio so it can be used with the AK-10's lightning cable:   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2JX0YU6536&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Chargers+%26+Cables-_-9SIA2JX0YU6536   Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
FYI this from A&K when I asked if they would make a 30-pin cable for the AK10:   Dear iriver customer,   Thank you for contacting iriver customer support. When the AK10 gets released, it should have various cables such as the 30-pin cable that would be compatible with older Apple devices. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us back at any time.   Thanks & Regards, iriver Inc. CS & Tech Support 949-336-4540/4541 shop.iriverinc.com