or Connect

Posts by Mechans1

Yes I have listened extensively to the WGT and the W. The WGT is a very quick and well balanced tube.  The WGT  sounds very accurate  and precise, with a very clean top end.  I have friends who prefer the WGTs to other variants.  I warn you though to be wary of some of the less well liked  and as usual made later,  WGTA is not that good .  You want to know why? Well I am afraid that there  is only so much words can convey about sound.   I know it is not a popular notion...
"What is the difference between the 6SN7W and GTB? They do sound very balanced from end to end; good bass response and very revealing with little details."   There is a great deal of difference but hearing it can depend on your equipment.  In general terms the Ws  can produce a soundstage or 3D image of the sound as well mas can be expected from an  tube.  The midrange on a W is also about as good as it gets having a remarkable tone lush and pretty.  The treble is...
I stand corrected I am evidently almost a log off.  The 10,000 mark seems quite reasonable if each sale was 2,000 or more.  It is good sign, and reflects a demographic of people who care about the quality of ..or at least nature of their sound.  The audio lovers world has been in a state of contracture after contracture of late I hope we have finally hit bottom and are witnessing a turn around, time will tell.  
When I bought mine and probably you bought yours there was a rather dire warning that these headphones were a limited edition product.  We were told that only 500 were going to be sold and that was all AKG, had agreed to make. I don't remember how many of these of 500 at a time sales took place.  10,000 is 20 times. There must be someone who can recall. I don't subscribe to Massdrop .  (I have disdain for their word for a sale of one item, I think of droppings for some...
Does the Bendix 6080WB go by any other name.  I ask because Bendix had purpose built tubes for fairly specific applications (read  as  'uses' which is what the word meant before smart phones)  I would like to buy a pair and would appreciate any help finding dealers who sell them. Somewhere in the bottom of a box I own some Bendix tubes that I was told were super EL-84s.  They are remarkable tubes construction wise.  These tubes have very  thick ceramic spacers and the...
Man am I confused.  The first bit of confusion is the notion that it is the transformer , which continues to provide power making low level music via residual power from the transformer after the amp is turned off.  I am not an EE or even an ee or e, but I thought that power came from the electrolytic capacitors.  After reading the strongly worded cautionary statement regarding about not  leaving headphones attached,.  However my personal history seems to  contradict this...
I own an older variant of that amp the AU 717 and always thought it had more power than that. It may not, but it certainly drove anything I used with it, very easily.   My amp had no obvious cosmetic problems,  but yours is in exceptional condition and sparkles as new.  The older amp had fewer load options as well, if I recall correctly (it's in storage) . I really wanted to ask is,  what is a Kijiji score.  I assume something good.  My vernacular equivalent might be a...
Benny I am not interested I dis-respecting you I am sure you are very sincere. I hope you find this polite but in disagreement. There are other products made for this exact purpose and be less likely to cause problems in my view than soap and water.  Petroleum jelly again seems like a poor choice of lubricant when the current armamentarium cleaning products generally provide a residual lubricant. I can tell you that few years ago highly conductive contact improvement...
I used to own the K701s and really liked them.  Around here that puts me in the minority.   I like the "analytical" style of speakers and transducers.   I grew up on the "west Coast" sound whilst living in NYC and Long Island, they had a crossover suited to these drivers  , my father had JBL signature series speakers.  The buyer essentially had the speakers made to order.  The driver package is the 030 group.  AL/TI compression short horn   16 Ohm and the main speaker the...
What you are saying is most probably the case. I  am no EE.  I think I am talking about voltage gain and amplification.