or Connect

Posts by Mechans1

I had always thought that a lot of  Yamaha gear was sort of  a step up between the stuff I could get like a Kenwood integrated and the high end gear, (pick your favorite expensive electronics manufacturer for a comparator.) So I guess I liked the Yamaha 'house sound'/ I know that not everything Yamaha made was not all that special, but most seemed to be high quality. I am not sure any advice is needed but I always thought the LS3/5As sound best with plenty of clean power...
Can you see any EIA codes that would help to assure the manufacturer.  see this link for help.   http://www.triodeel.com/eiacode.htm .Other wise these tubes as a group  are generally good to very good tubes, depending on condition which cannot be  reliably assessed by visual inspection only.I do not own a BH Crack but do use a 6SN7 driven amp  , with these output tubes - 6080,or  5998 or, WE 421 etc. output transformerless amp.  I have used some of these tubes as the pre...
I will leave you guys to discuss Techno Pop .  It is clearly your forte.  Are those very Bass heavy headphones good for that music?  My som's generation seems to prefer them  millennials. I have offered him some pretty good head phones but he says he can't use them . BeyerDynamics-   DT 770 Pro 32 Ohm special ed. ' I occasionally listen to some rowdy music.  For the hell of it I tried live Gearge Thorogood  with Monoprice $15-20 IIRC, forget model using a SinglePower ...
Is It a stuffed crust?  Well can't be any gold pin but I can' think of single gold pin 6SN7 at the moment.    Use a fiberglass eraser pencil.  It isn't easy but the results are good.  Make sure your tube sockets are tensioned esp. if their was true metal loss on the pin.   I recommend searching the Audio Asylum Tube Asylum about tensioning techniques.  It doesn't sound hard. to do.  Art Stores and Amazon have the fiberglass eraser pencils.Can you get a good Sylvania W to...
I own ECC 32s and ECC 33, Neither I understand have the same electrical parameters of a 6SN7.  I also understand that the gain for ECC32s is significantly greater than a 6SN7 making them in effect a louder tube, I would imagine that helps re the power needed to deliver lots of deep bass. The other tubes you mentioned the 34, and 35 are closer to the 6SL7 if I recall correctly.What 6SN7s do you use with your Techno Pop?  Are the British tubes the only ones you use?
I Googled it.  Read a few comments, and it does seem to incorporate some new and apparently less desirable approach.  The Vintage Knob had the stats.  Sounds like it is a very powerful amp indeed.
I couldn't agree with more concerning buying used tubes. This is a really big issue with 6SN7s,  you would not believe the difference in sound I can demonstrate with 2 pairs of Tung Sol RPs both having  'nos'  transconductance or gm values.  While it remains true that real New Old Stock tubes usually sound as that tube is expected and  anticipated to sound. It isn't always true. That said- don't do what I did which was  '' Hoovering" up any tube that looked like a god...
I think your expectations for subwoofer sound from pumping 10 inch excursion is not a function of which 6SN7 you choose.  The special reds were intended for longer life including applying only 300 volts to the plate.  They are nice but soft warm and wooly but not a bass shy tube at .all.My advice -and this is not a joke, ( don't be insulted)  Get a Ken Rad, for your current set up,, black looks nice but clear glass sounds exactly the same.  Get the bassiest Headphones you...
They are both extraordinary 6SN7s.  I have stayed with 6SN7s for about 13-14 years, I love the tone.with the only exception being, a few ECC32s and ECC33s. Before I answer your question I want to say the 5SN7 was made by the trillions,, the reason being I understand is that 6SN7s are the linearity  champions..  That said  I have run into advocates for the 6F8G..who really swear by themThe two tubes you are interested in are prolly the finest 6SN7s if you don't include B65s...
The reason these triodesThe reason these triodes don't appear more often is as Jamato8 said there is no current production nor in all likelihood large numbers of NOS tubes from any single  manufacturer.  The builders need reliable sources of tubes made by a manufacturer they prefer.  The QC would be very difficult without that, and I think,  they want their product to have the sound they know takes advantage of their design. The scarcity of  your favorite tube demonstrates...