Posts by dudlew

OK,   I asked a similar qestion before, but I have expanded my horizons a bit. I am thinking of keeping the PA2v2 for portable use, but looking for a small but good desktop solution, maybe a dac/amp that is compatible with mac/pc as i have both...... or an amp now and then a separate dac after..... I was looking at the Nuforce HA 200 as an amp only solution or the ifi idac. What home solutions have you guys used the Sony with in $200 - $400 price range that works well...
I also recommend B&H. I got mine used there for $250 also. Good service and fast shipping.    By the way, I put a review of these up in the over ear category over in head gear.
Just browsing B&H and saw this deal:   http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/968290-REG/fiio_e12_mont_blanc_pro.html   I am sorely tempted as I think this is a great price and the deal ends today.....   Hope this is not considered soliciting, as I have no affiliation with B&H 
Ok not very experienced here, but I can tell you from the headphones I heard.   I have heard the The Sonys ZX300, ZX600, V55DJ. The AKG K81dj, the Beyer DT235, and If I go from what you say, you might like the K81dj or the ZX600.   My Issue with the K81dj was the comfort, but heavy bass lively midrange and no slouches for your music type. i sold mine as I found the other headphones I owned sounded more balanced and comfortable, but until getting the Sony MDR 7520, they...
Ok Just did a comparo of the 1r and the 7520 using Skrillex Breakin' a Sweat (Original Mix) from the album Bangarang.   Ok. No comparison on any level right now. The 7520 has more bass. more body and a more balanced sound, the 1R is more mid centric and the bass is very laid back and rolled off in comparison. the high pitched synth used in the verse are too forward and a bit aggressive with the 1R, where as with the 7520, it slots in well with the rest of the music. The...
Agreed.... what I meant to say...... Am enjoying Jamie Cullem Muse and Audioslave out of these cans at the momentI was listening to them hooked up to my cd player which is hooked up to my speaker rig.... well I turned the speaker rig up a bit....... remembering Darner's statement about tbsse sounding boomy....well he miggt loathe my Nht ST4 speakers... they made the sonys sound bass light......
  Why do you hate my wallet so?? you just set me on a path to get the C5D..... cuz I am using the PA2v2 as well. What I did was turn the internal gain knobs to minimum on my PA2v2 and that actually seemed to reduce some of the warmth a bit. Maybe you should try that . To be honest, I always got the impression that the PA2v2 added some warmth and mellowness to the music, but it still sounded better than un amped. I was thinking of the E12, but afraid of the reported narrow...
  Nah... I dont want her that exposed to the internet as yet.... she wants to.... she has some nice favourite songs like Charlie Brown from Coldlpay, Roar and Firework from Katy Perry, Radioactive from Imagine Dragons, Just Give Me a Reason from Pink, Diamond from Rihanna, The Reason from Hoobastank.... so she has some taste....
So I let my 5 ear old daughter evaluate them....   Looks: 1R: She likes the red and says its a bit bigger in her eyes   Comfort: 1R: She says its not as tight   Sound: 1R: She just likes it better, but she said that the 7520 seemed louder.   So there you have it, the voice of the young 
Ok,   Brief comparo with the 1R. Using the song 'The Horizon has been Defeated' from Jack Johnson's On and On cd. Yes I am using a CD , straight from my CD player to the PA2V2. I see why people say the 1R has a midrange bump. Jack Johnson's voice has a nasality and slight unnaturalness to its sound. and when the guitar goes into a bit of feedback between verses, it really stands out. The 7520 on the other hand sounds more natural with the voice and the treble extends a...