or Connect

Posts by dudlew

well I never heard either, but I have a suggestion. Now I am doing something similar myself, I have some Small Mission speakers with a rotel amp and adcom pre by my desk, but am seriously considering going the powered speaker route. Have you ever given those some consideration? Just throwing a question out there.
I am not looking to replace, I was just looking for a comparison. I am happy that I have it even though I think in my current setup it is not being fully utilized as the Oppo PM3 is quite efficient and is not in need of all of that power. I did hear differences in refinement compared to the E11K using the same source, but I didn't do extensive listening, and it did not seem that there were issues with power either way.
I wish there were more impressions of the Original SL to be honest :) but I know how that goes. I am itching to hear a comparison between the two. but know that that would be very long in coming. I do like my SL so I am not complaining. I haven't written a review of the SL as I have nothing to compare it to. When I write reviews I like to have a point of reference, and I figured the Fiio E11K was just not that point of reference..... an unfair comparison. Maybe one day I...
I wish there were more impressions of the Original SL to be honest :) but I know how that goes. I am itching to hear a comparison between the two. but know that that would be very long in coming. I do like my SL so I am not complaining. I haven't written a review of the SL as I have nothing to compare it to. When I write reviews I like to have a point of reference, and I figured the Fiio E11K was just not that point of reference..... an unfair comparison. Maybe one day I...
So,   No one responded to this thread for a while, so just thought I would revive it. Still interested in knowing you guys from the Caribbean. So if there are any new members out there just chime in.   Personally, my gear list is slowly growing...... VERY SLOWLY :), but that is how it is here in the Caribbean where duty charges kill you. My next purchase may be either a dac or a new headphone. The Focal Elear has caught my eye, but I dont know if i want to spend that...
I know, I was just throwing in my 2 cents. Notice i didnt say that it isnt rolled off, I even stated it in my review, just that it was perfect for me, barring a headphone that brings smooth extended treble that is clean and free off harshness and fatigue and any ringing. Also I think Bob Katz did an article about the PM3 and HA2 on inner Fidelity as well and he may have popsted an eq curve there if I am not mistaken, but not 100% sure, so worth checking that out if you are...
  For me its when a particular frequency is too emphasized compared to others, that it stands out too much. This can sometimes sound exciting at first, but gets annoying after a while and in some cases can be painful, like a piecing treble, which can make my ears ring, or shouty mids that just get old after a few minutes or over emphasized bass that sounds great initially, then you get fedup of it as it might overwhelm the other frequencies... So me, i am treble sensitive....
I am probably one of the few persons who does not consider the highs of the PM3 rolled off. I like it just the way it is. I can see where people would say that they are, and I understand totally where they are coming from, probably lacking that last bit of sizzle that some people like. But to me, until I here a headphone do that cleanly and without fatigue to my ears, I like the PM3 just how they are.
I am not saying that that is how current flows, but I still think the analogy fits.... if you need a certain amount of power that your amp just cant deliver, it will reach a point of over driving and distort, in addition to sounding flat and lacking dynamics, so the small pipe is turned on full and just cant give the water that is needed. But with the more power, its not like you will see an improvement in sound quality etc, it is just that the power is there and even at...
Well my take on the headroom issue is this: I can drive my PM3 to full volume on my Ipod touch 3g and it will distort. Using the same source plugged into an E11k, I can go louder then the Ipod Touch without distortion.    with the Burson Soloist SL, It may be design, it may be circuity, but I also feel that the extra power that provides over the E11K allows it to have a tighter firmer bass and seemingly better control over the drivers, hence the music.   I could be...