Posts by ZianC

Last year, a portable pair of Koss headphones failed so I mailed them to Koss for a replacement along with a small check. I still haven't received a replacement despite telling them about the problem several times.   I want to be as charitable to them as possible so here are some things that may have tripped Koss up:   - Someone stealing their shipments on Koss's end - Someone stealing boxes from the shipping company they use (though if they use UPS/USPS/FedEx, that's...
Based on Wikipedia and an article on Head-Fi (http://www.head-fi.org/a/explanation-of-amp-pre-amp-headphone-amp), my understanding is that a headphone amp takes a signal (say, from a computer's built in 3.5 mm jack) and amplifies it. This is very helpful for "bigger" or "more demanding" headphones and is a necessity with certain types of headphones.   My IEMs sound fine without an amp and certainly aren't big. Therefore, I've never been interested in amps.   However, I...
It may be worth using something like InSIDDer to do a spot check for interference from other WiFi access points nearby too.   As you discovered, WiFi-related equipment can be a bit of a RF-related headache.
The solution is to completely turn the tip inside out as shown in the below photo. Then, insert the IEM into the tip at an angle and then keep pushing until the entire tip goes onto the IEM. And, when the tip slips off, try again. And again. And again.   The photo: http://1drv.ms/1gIFYQV
I'm having trouble getting a pair of small tips to go onto my Brainwavz M5 IEMs. Does anyone have any advice for putting small tips onto an IEM?   I've marked them in a photo: http://1drv.ms/MtxlAq   My fingertips are about 1 centimeter wide, which may help explain the problem.   I've already tried moistening the tips to no avail. I thought I could just avoid the problem by using a different pair of tips but the other set of small tips hasn't been very comfortable to...
>Corollary 5: on the other hand, micro-social almost always works, unless you’re a dick.   This probably can't be over-emphasized enough. I've seen it work for the teeny (then tiny, and now not so tiny) company I started working for that I had never heard of before. Of course, everyone in their industry knew about them and basically had warm fuzzy feelings and that was/is enough.   Also, the "unless you're a dick" bit is really crucial especially when small because...
Thanks for the idea!   I didn't even consider IEMs because I've always been scared off by their price but I see a lot of things in that table that are <1K and it looks like the sound isolation varies so I guess I'm looking for an IEM with as little sound isolation as possible (weird, I know) but great sound and some sort of in-line microphone.
I am trying to find a pair of headphones (Or 2? Or 3?) that will be used throughout an entire workday at the office.  I already read through "A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide…" and tried doing searches for multipurpose headphones but came up mostly empty but somewhat better informed.   Important Priorities (from critical to less critical) As indestructible (or nearly so) as the Koss KSC75(even if I pay 2-3x more, it's worth the hassle of not having to...