or Connect

Posts by seb7

This issue is talked about here in the Gungnir thread...it is a known issue with some transports. http://www.head-fi.org/t/603219/schiit-gungnir-dac/2955 From the Gungnir manual: FAQ Hey, this thing clicks between songs/between inputs/etc!Yes, it does. Care to explain why?Sure. That’s the muting relay engaging when there’s no input. Manycomputer sources turn off the digital audio output between songs and whenchanging sampling rates. We went with a muting relay because...
I have CXC and Gumby. The CXC is a great CD transport for the money. It was a definite step up from my Rega Apollo R which I was using as a transport before. More detail and a much more open and spacious depiction of soundstage.   However, you should be aware that with the Gungnir MB there is a somewhat annoying delay after you press play, so that if a track has no lead time you won't hear the first couple of seconds. It also will do this when forwarding or going back a...
Tyll put up his Big Sound report on headphone amps and the Moon Neo was one of his faves.   http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/big-sound-2015-wrap-my-take-headphone-amps#KVS4kmDVJRmceLys.97
 +1 I have the BDA-2 and I am curious how they compare as well.
 I have the Bryston and Rag also, so I'm really looking forward to comparisons with GMB as you get more hours on it.
 I agree. Going from SE to balanced on HD800s/Rag made a big difference. The sound that review described with HD800s was similar to what I heard with the stock cable single-ended. It all changed when I got my balanced cable. ymmv
 No humming from my Ragnarok. I put my ear on top of it...and dead silence. The only Glenn Gould hums I hear are from Glenn Gould recordings played through my Ragnarok...which reveals them quite well unfortunately.
Selling my mint condition black HeadAmp GS-X mk2 with alpha potentiometer (115V). I am the original owner and received it at the end of August 2014. It is flawless. No scratches, dings or smudges. I will include all original packing material. I am selling because I want an amp that drives speakers as well. Get it now for the holidays without the wait   USA only. I will pay shipping and PayPal fees.
 Good to hear. I have read some impressions that there is less spaciousness (more intimate closed-in sound) and details are glossed over with these kinds of dacs. Do you feel the GS-X imposes any kind of coloration on the sound, or is straight neutral and lets the Hex sound shine through?
 I just got the BDA-2 a couple months ago and have been enjoying it, but I have been very curious about NOS dacs to see what they are like since I haven't ever heard one. Looking forward to more impressions of how the Hex compares to the Bryston.