Posts by gradofan1

Yes, the K701 is quite laid back and almost the opposite of the SR225i. If you're short on budget/or if stuff is more expensive in the UK, get them off the forums here and see if anyone in the US will ship to UK.    In terms of cheaper IEM's that suit that sound signature, I really don't know. I'd recommend Grado's own GR8 IEM's, but that's probably out of your budget it sounds like. One of the more obscure chinese brands (which actually produce very nice IEM's I've...
You use garageband, it's pretty easy if you have a mac. Otherwise multiple applications on a PC can do it for you, with free editing software. Then combine the tracks into a single track as stated above. That's pretty smart actually, never really thought of that myself. What you do is you rip it from the CD into a .wav file (uncompressed, lossless), the original file you have on the physical CD. Then you splice that using software and combine. It's kinda like recombinant...
Sound card? Bypass that and get a decent DAC or something, connected via USB or Toslink. Even a cheap dragonfly would help. 
Shure SE115-GR, though its only $49 in the states. PX200 is also a good option, but most people prefer the PX100 (a classic, truly good). Is the PX200-II or PX200 (same with the 100's, is it PX100-II or PX100)? The original version is better...
Excellent choice, the SR225i is the 2nd best price to performance ratio in terms of Grados, value-wise. So I'm guessing you want an aggressive, forward sound signature?
Not sure, but just make sure you listen to it in lossless (i.e. buy the CD and rip it, don't download it off itunes @256kbps). And use the same tracks every time (duh). I would recommend artists in the 90's / 2000's, since recently, 2010+, there's been a controversy about how recording studios are downgrading their audio quality to better suit/optimize the frequency response of "iPhone earbuds," which most people use. Anything earlier than the 60's recording studios didn't...
If you're not an audiophile get off this forum! jk lol ;P   Are you open to IEM's? If so the SE215's will give you great bass, as will the Cardas Ear Speakers or Monster Miles Davis Tribute/Turbine Pro (either copper or gold); both will give you PNC (passive noise control that actually works better than ANC), and great comfort, better than over ear headphones if your ears aren't weirdly shaped. Dunno about the bluetooth part though in terms of In-ears.     I haven't...
Which Grados do you have currently? Just curious and see if we can get a similar sound signature to those Grados you like...
Oh god the CX300 is horrible. Fake CX300's sound about the same as real CX300's I just replied to another thread asking a similar question. What's your budget? Canal-phone, IEM, or earphone? 
I didn't know you could order from amazon US for international shipping -- that would save a lot of people time and effort here over headfi!    SE215's for sure, or if you want blue, get the SE215SE's. Or SE115m if you want a microphone (pretty much the same drivers, different housing)...