Posts by starjung

Based on this review: http://www.headfonia.com/topping-d1-mark-ii/ I thought that they'd do a good match. While the reviewers noticed significant differences, I noticed nothing...
Hi there,   Just received my Topping D1 mark II. Connected to laptop via USB and then plugged in my Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs. But I can't notice a difference! The on-board card isn't good, so there should at least be a small difference. But well, nothing. Or is it just my ears?
I'm sorry that my comment caused so much trouble here. Well and the E12 seems to be a good choice after all, but I'm still searching for a good DAC/AMP combo. A few candidates on my list don't seem to be widely used, but I guess they are my few options. Anybody know something about them?   govibe petite govibe martini ibasso d-zero ibasso d2+ boa ibasso d5 ibasso d42 headstage lyrix pro Ordnance .25 (Hippo Cricri+)   And thank you for all your replies!
I have some reservations with the E12. Though somebody here on the forum wrote that Dan from Mr. Speakers said that the E12 and the MD's pair well, there have been also some posts which say that the don't really match.
Unfortunately the UHA-6S M.II are a bit out of my price range, isn't the UHA-4 comparable? What about the others on my list?
Thanks for the comment. That leaves me with: govibe petitegovibe martiniibasso d-zeroibasso d2+ boaibasso d5ibasso d42headstage lyrix proOrdnance .25(Hippo Cricri+) My search for a good sub-$200 amp/dac fort he MD's is getting quite hopeless...
I've found some little amps/dacs but I couldn't find any information about a pairing with the Mad Dogs:   govibe petite govibe martini ibasso d-zero ibasso d2+ boa ibasso d5 ibasso d42 headstage lyrix pro leckerton uha-4 nuforce icon mobile Ordnance .25 (Hippo Cricri+)   I will use my Galaxy S4 as source and the above work either with the S2 or S3 and their all under $200. My question is: do they pair well with the MD's?   And what about the Topping D1 mII,...
Is there a portable amp/dac under $200 that is a good choice for the MD's?
Hi there,   I just bought the Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs, these are my first audiophile grade over-the-ear headphones. I've read they need a lot of power which makes my search for a portable amp/dac device so hard, especially because my budget is limited to $200. First I thought I'd be well of with a fiio (e7, e10, e17), but reading several posts that say performance is just to low I had to look for something else. I'm thinking of the ibasso d-zero right now. Does somebody...