Posts by sgbwill2

Im so happy with my Topping D20 that I just ordered a Topping TP-22 T-amp similar to the TP-20 that you have but uses an upgraded 2050 chip which supplies more power. I'm going to use it as a power amp to drive my mordaunt-short avant 902i using the laptop as source to the D20 DAC to little dot mkiii as a pre amp then to the TP-22. Hopefully this setup will work nicely as ive heard good things about the TP-22 and the similar TP-20 you have. For the price you get a...
So far I have come down to the Topping tp-22 and th Hlly tamp-20. Was wondering if anyone has owned both and which is the better performer?
Thanks for the reply but i already got the topping d20 and it really is superb. so much so that i might buy a topping t-class power amp to drive some new bookshelf speakers i just bought :D
Hi there fellow head-fi'ers I recently bought a pair of Mordaunt Short Avant 902i's and have heard people have used the little dot mkiii as a pre-amplifier with great success. Therefore my question to you is what would be a decent budget power amplifier to pair with the little dot mkiii and the mordaunts? there seems to be very little information around here on power amplifiers so I am hoping that someone could chime in. My budget is around £80-£100 and hopefully that will...
ok thanks. have you had experience with both?
why does nobody ever reply on this forums =/
Hi there I just ordered a Musiland 02 US due to the good reviews they have received on here. Shortly afterwards I stumbled upon headfonia's rave review on the Topping d20 and was wondering if I have made a mistake ordering the Musiland as the Topping is only a fraction of the price more and by the sounds of it is extremely good. Has anyone compared the two DAC's side by side or have owned both and can comment on is the Topping is much better? Thanks. Also any other...
help would be greatly appreciated
Hi there I have recently purchased a Little dot mkiii and am very happy with it however I now need to look for a decent DAC to pair it with. I am not looking to spend over £80 and was wondering whats the best option for me. So far I have identified the smsl 1955+ and the HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Async as being in my price range with good reviews and was wondering if I should get one of them or something that might be even better?   thanks
Hi, I have recently bought a pair of AKG K401's off ebay for £45 (on their way) and was reading up about them and was wondering if sonically they are lacking much behind the K501's which people state have great highs, mids and soundstage but lack bass. I also read that the K401's have a lot more bass than the K501's but lack in the mid range and highs but retain a wide soundstage; is this true? if so how far behind the K501's are they? would the K401's be considered a...