Posts by rudyae86

Hmmm I think you have a lot of misinformation on your post.....As for Dolby Atnos for headphones and Windows Sonic for Headphones...they are not working properly right now so we really can't give an answer to how good they sound.
And here it is.....     Only reason I got Battlefront on PS4 is because it came with it for free. Although the Ultimate edition for PC might drop around 15 dollars soon, so I might...pick it up.   SWBF 2 now has a SP which is for the new series of movies which is not what we asked for but oh well lol.   And remember, don't preorder
Nice choice..... But to help you out even further let me ask you one thing..... Do you know what virtual surround sound is? Reason is because if you came into this thread it is because you read page 1 of this thread, it should explain what virtual surround sound or what an HRTF is. This thread mainly focuses on virtual surround sound and devices that are used to give us virtual surround sound but there are times where we will need to use an amp to drive headphones that...
Technically, Dolby Atmos for Headphones should be giving a similar "set up" to Home Cinema 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4 or 9.1.6 ( at least to my understanding) while still being able to use regular 5.1 or 7.1 audio. Actually, in the description for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, it says listen to your stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 channel games and movies....so does this mean that it is just another HRTF similar to DH or SBX? If so, wtf M$? Windows 10 also comes with Windows Sonic for...
If you want to use HRTF like Dolby Headphone (Asus) or SBX (Creative Labs) then yes. But the DAC must have an optical input in order for the sound card to send Dolby Headphone or SBX into the DAC (which is processed 5.1 or 7.1 turned into 2.0 channel audio). If you do not care for any of this virtual surround sound than you don't need one of these sound cards.
Yeah, I would think it would at least work that way but it doesn't. But what can we expect? Windows updates always mess up something in the beginning until there is a hot fix or a new big update...
It is more about the positional audio. It does not implement the HRTF properly. Everytime it is enabled it goes into 2.0 Stereo which doesn't make sense since in order for games to output 7.1 content is for windows to be set to 7.1 under the playback device. But even if that was the case, when enabling Dolby Atmos for Headphones, there is a tickbox that says enable 7.1 virtual surround sound.....but seems pointless because it doesn't work even like that. At least I can't...
Yeah no doubt that this update let me down as well. I was really looking forward to it but everything sounds better with my set up using Dolby Headphone. Sigh....Going to leave feedback as well. Hopefully Microsoft and Dolby do something about it.
Ugh, this is getting confusing lol.
This^^^Especially if you are playing multiplayer games. You wouldn't want your thousand dollar set up of speakers making your friends feel annoyed because all that feedback is going into your mic lol.Trust me, friends would mute me lol.