Posts by IPodPJ

Ditto.   Thank You. 
Riverside is a great band though.
  Yeah, I know, and he also played on the Blackfield album (quite surprisingly), as well as with Kino, and Guilt Machine with Arjen Anthony Lucassen.   I don't really care much for Nosound though, nor Pineapple Thief (also conveniently with the same initials as Porcupine Tree).  They sound like low-grade PT wannabes (imo).   BTW:  I'm also going to switch to the Raven album cover art for the time being, since I haven't changed my avatar in ages.
Chris Maitland fit in better with the original PT sound and is still an excellent drummer. Gavin is much more technically capable of course but sometimes I miss the style of Chris. It makes no difference now, since he's now using an entirely different drummer who's damn good, too.
It's a long story but you'll just have to take my word on this, or don't.And another thing.... Do you know why Chris Maitland was kicked out of the band? He slammed SW against a wall, perhaps because SW is just a dick.I could probably dig up the emails (stored on an old hard drive) that I exchanged with SW eleven years ago before In Absentia was released, but it would be pointless. Perhaps he's grown up and isn't a dick anymore, but if you heard the story I have a...
  He's a music genius, yes.  But he's also a dick in person.
  Yeah, it is definitely up there and the SQ is the best to date, even at 320kbps.
This thread is devoted to the forthcoming album by Steven Wilson on February 25th. On Facebook SW posted that the album is strictly audiophile quality as it contains no limiting or dynamic compression. I ordered the deluxe set which was a costly $92 including shipping and am anxiously awaiting it. However I can confirm that the audio quality and album content are superb (perhaps the best audio quality he's had to date) as I've already heard it. Alan Parsons did a...
LMAO.  Great one above.
Yeah I'm not saying there are no other benefits to be gained. I haven't heard it. I believe Currawong upgraded his unit to the M7 by replacing some parts, not actually getting a whole new DAC. The biggest upgrade to my ears was when Kingwa released the V5 DSP-1. It was many times better than any previous version. I guess you'd have to hear my system for yourself to judge though. I've had more than a few tell me it was the best system they had ever heard (and I'd hope...