Posts by IPodPJ

Great article.  I always thought the iPhone 5 had the best sound quality out of all of them.  (iOS 6 and iPhone 5 functionality and real world use sucks, OTOH, with over 100 bugs I've found that making using it a horrendous experience.)  The Lightning-to-30-pin adapters with the DACs built-in sound even better than the DAC in the iPhone 5 actually.   I was pretty impressed listening to the LCD3 out of the headphone output from my iPhone 5, but it sounds nowhere near as...
Peter and I talk roughly every day about both of our cable brands and other things. He seems to have disappeared out of the blue as of more than a month ago (or round about) when lots of people were getting sick. I truly hope he's okay but I have not heard from him since which is extremely uncommon nor has he posted responses to others looking for him on Facebook. This is completely uncommon of him so I fear something might be seriously wrong. I don't think he has...
  I love REM Sleep Research as well.  Great track.  So is Lifewish.  So is Sticklebrick Symphony.     Yep, all synth.  Only one track on his new album, the 2nd track, which I think is the best one, actually has real guitar in it, too.
  I wouldn't really call Slusnik Luna trance.  It's certainly not IDM/electronica like Ochre, but not trance.  It's more orchestral/experimental electronica.   Which is your favorite Ochre album?
Finally, an inexpensive black one that looks almost stock, and is 4 feet long.   http://www.boxwave.com/usb-lightning-cable-for-apple-devices/bwpd/ccw/?gclid=CISHjbKL_rQCFWaCQgodTTYA0g   For $12.50, seems like a great deal (or a two-pack for $18.95).  I've never purchased from them though, so I cannot personally vouch for the quality.   I'm a little tired of Apple releasing black products and never having black cables or black docks to go with them.   And...
phntmsmshr   You might also like a band called Slusnik Luna.  Download their album called "Aamukaste 5 A.M."
  Glad you love it, and you should let him know on his Facebook page.  He really appreciates the compliments.  Also, download his older stuff, some of which is even better than the new album.  "Like Dust Of The Balance", "Midsummer Nice Dream", and "Lemodie" are excellent albums.  For awhile he had a "name your own price" on them, and that might still be the case, I'm not sure.  They were remastered in 24 bit.  And I think I was mistaken earlier, they are not in 24/48,...
Obviously you've never heard his music because what you just said is completely irrelevant to the type of music he creates.  Not to mention he has a PhD in music and has about 7 albums.
http://ochre.bandcamp.com/album/national-ignition       Fantastic new album from Christopher Leary.  If you've never heard any of his other material, I suggest you do.  He literally creates all his music on his computer.  He has a keyboard controller but rarely uses it.  It takes quite the mind to pull off the kind of interesting music he can without using much more than a mouse and software.   The FLAC download is in 24/48 by the way.   He also has...
I like the album. It's quite good. Is it Raven good? No. Still quite good though. I own all of them except for ADHD (the last one) because I thought it sucked. Do you also have their mini three track album from 2011? It's quite good, too. And as far as these reviewers saying we have to listen in 5.1 to fully appreciate it, screw 'em. Good headphones don't come in 5.1. And a well mastered 2 channel album sounds better than a cheesy surround mix. Some of the PT...