Posts by IPodPJ

Both super phones.  Just ask yourself do you want to do more analytical listening (HD800) or leisurely listening (LCD3) ?
Thanks for your opinions.  I don't have much time at all to listen because I'm either at my day job, building cables, or taking care of a sick family member.  Therefore the odds of them getting any significant time on them anytime soon is pretty slim to none.  I'm only even typing these posts while taking a smoke break.   The oddest issue I have is the volume issue/driver sensitivity issue.  That shouldn't exist at all but it does.  Could it possibly be due to the...
I recently had a chance to compare a very close serial number pair of LCD3 to my pair.  (They were purchased about a week a part.)   Surprisingly there were quite a few differences I noticed between the two:   1)  His pair was louder at the same position on the volume pot than mine, making his more sensitive 2)  His pair was more linear across the frequency spectrum 3)  His pair had slightly more detail but leaned on the bright side, with a slightly wider...
They've also released the video for the last track on the album (Raven), but I don't care for the animation once again.  The music is fantastic though.
  Ok, well it was inferred.  I choose solid state because I want accurate reproduction of the recording.
  That's what I said.  Did you miss the rest of my post?   "There are a lot of tube headphone amps that sound superb, too, but I still would take solid state over them any day."
  I know.  Your signature gave that away. :)   Tubes do sound great though on guitar amps and produce a lush sound for recording purposes. There are a lot of tube headphone amps that sound superb, too, but I still would take solid state over them any day.
  What is so special about tubes that you can't achieve with solid state?  Sure, they sound pleasing but you can emulate that sound with solid state gear.
  Not.
  Great article.  I always thought the iPhone 5 had the best sound quality out of all of them.  (iOS 6 and iPhone 5 functionality and real world use sucks, OTOH, with over 100 bugs I've found that making using it a horrendous experience.)  The Lightning-to-30-pin adapters with the DACs built-in sound even better than the DAC in the iPhone 5 actually.   I was pretty impressed listening to the LCD3 out of the headphone output from my iPhone 5, but it sounds nowhere near as...