or Connect

Posts by IPodPJ

Really, because I never heard the kind of complaining about the insanely overpriced and ugly Abyss, and that while decent phones they aren't nearly as proficient as the 4.
Hardly. I'm just stating my opinions. And if you're going to quote me, quote the whole paragraph in the context it was written, not to make it look like the advertisement you apparently wanted it to. I said in relative SOUND QUALITY terms, that's where the price comparison would fall, according to my opinion, not what I would ever spend on a pair of headphones. (Though of note, people are spending absurd amounts on the R10 and original Orpheus which have been long...
There's literally no comparison. As I mentioned previously I own both. The LCD-4 with the new diaphragm (as of February) isn't in the same league as any other dynamic, planar, or stat I've heard. The 4 is twice the price as the 3, yes, and I myself was wondering how much of an improvement there would be for double the price, because as we all know, diminishing returns exist in this hobby more than anywhere else. But to my ears, the LCD-4 are easily at least 3x if not...
One thing of note: obviously these are not cheap headphones. Neither are the HE1000 or the KSE1500. However, if you found that the LCD-3 were worth the $2K in performance value, than the LCD-4 are more like $6K in performance value. As we all know, the law of diminishing returns applies greatly to this hobby, so that must be factored in as well. But to my ears, these are easily three times as impressive as the LCD-3 which is something I didn't really believe...
While they are a tiny bit heavier than the LCD-3, you will never notice this because of the improved carbon fiber headband. They actually feel more comfortable on your head and where I had a hard time listening to the LCD-3 for more than 2-3 hours, I was able to listen to the LCD-4 for 8 hours. Because of the new headband the adjustments are different. Whereas I required a notch position of 4 down on the LCD-3, I only required a notch position of 2 down on the LCD-4...
In response to driver failure, I've had the pre-fazor LCD-3 since 2012 or early 2013 and I've never experienced any issues.   Now on to the LCD-4!   Got my pair a few days ago and have spent a lot of time comparing them to the LCD-3.  They are so precise, so accurate, so engaging, so transparent, so visceral, so organic, and so natural sounding that I could literally pick out every part of the frequency range in the LCD-3 that was wrong as a graph would likely show,...
John, Well I appreciate the kind words and I don't ever know how that number of customers was in there. Maybe it was an order that was pending and got cancelled. I honestly don't know. But there are only 4 people including you, that I promise. You might have been thinking before Bolardito's cable was done or someone else's, but I had let you know several times that there were only 4 left, and that's the number. I guarantee you won't see a 5th person show up asking...
Firstly, John, please don't post lies. There were never six people before you, there were 3, and you very well know that because of my responding to all customers emails. I don't know where you came up with that lie. Maybe instead of asking me advice on headphones and soldering stations where I stay up emailing you for 3 hours late at night each time (free of charge) you should focus on the truth and everything I've told you since day 1. Secondly, because you had...
The Sys sounds great but there's a problem --- most monitors take either XLR or TRS balanced inputs. I would buy one of those, but an RCA version does me no good, or most people with monitors that are using a balanced DAC. Do you have plans on making a Sys Balanced anytime soon?  This would come in handy for me since I hate that the monitors have separate volume controls on the rears..... (not that I've had a chance to listen to my system in over a year anyway), but...
Has anyone modded these yet for balanced use, and if so, impressions please? Please list components used and compare and contrast to HD800 and LCD3. Thanks!