Posts by IPodPJ

He says none of his gear should be left on for more than 8 hours at a time.
  But they never did change them.  There will always be variances between driver pairs.  I bet you could listen to a pair made a year from now and find it to sound quite different from the one you own.
The HD800 is still the most responsive to different cables but the LCD3 is a very close second in that regard  The lesser sensitive phones aren't quite as dramatic.  My own geometry is inherently a balanced design and optimized for such, as I've always preferred balanced to single ended.  Some phones benefit more than others when driving them balanced with the HD800 at the top of the list and the LCD3 not far behind.  The LCD3 has become my preferred headphone for...
And your thoughts thus far on any aspect you feel like sharing?  One thing is for sure: there's no way you won't like them.  If you liked the 2 which were good but still lacking, you'll love the 3.
  Uncle Erik bought his pair very shortly after I got mine and was also in the first production run.  His had slightly more bass than my pair but had slightly less detail and soundstage width.  So I doubt it has anything to do with new serial numbers vs. old ones.  All drivers will have some variance and that is why Sennheiser matches driver pairs to within half a decibel.   Unless they have a new supplier of materials for their ring radiator driver, I highly doubt there...
  My pair are either in the 500s or 600s.  It was from the first batch they ever shipped.  THAT's old hat. 
  Signify was also my introduction to SW/PT.  It still remains one of my favorite albums of all time and one of the best he has ever done.  Listen to it from start to finish; really listen... it's a masterpiece.
I guess they mailed it to my house.  I got it last night.  I must say, this is the nicest box set he has made.  The way the illustrations, stories and lyrics are presented are quite nice.  It's the same size as the Grace For Drowning set I believe.  But personally I was sick of Lasse Hoile art ages ago so Hajo is a welcome change.  And this was made in Germany this time so it's no doubt the printing quality is top notch.  The best printing presses (Heidelberg, Manrollen,...
  No.  ASITek I think?  I forget it's been so long.  But it is the furthest mod I've ever seen taken to a Transporter.  It has truly been optimized to be the perfect digital source.  I have yet to hear better.
  It took me A LOT of money to build the ultimate system before I was truly satisfied with them, but the beauty is the system performs equally as well for the LCD3.  The gain on my amp is not configured for phones like the HE-6 though, and was optimized for the HD800 and high sensitivity phones.  That could be changed, but then the performance of the high sensitivity phones would drop a notch.   IMO the HD800 need to be driven in a balanced configuration to get the most...