Posts by jespersen

Thank you! For reference I have so far been able to listen to the Senn HD800 with the Bryston BHA-1, which I liked a lot, but its more expensive than the virtuoso here in europe and I would need a DAC on top of the price bring the package out of my budget sphere. I also tried the HD800 on a few "smaller" amps like a Nuforce and Teac (cant remember the models) and did not like that at all and stopped listening after 3 seconds.   Again thank you in advance!
Hello Frank (and others who have the virtuoso)...   I'm on the verge of buying this thing, but lack of reviews and not having the option to pre-listen makes is difficult for me.   Feedback on how the virtuoso with the ESS9018 sounds with the Sennheisser HD800 would be very appreciated. Comparisons with other amps (on the HD800 would also be rather helpful.   Also any added info on any white noise at low levels that was previously mentioned in this thread would be...
 Hello! Saw the reviews on Innerfidelity of the Q192 and the Concero HP; both getting great reviews and both are in the same price bracket; and with build-in DAC. I'm in the mood for a HD800 set of headphones and contemplating Q192, Concero HP and CMA800R. Since the CMA 800R plus a suitable DAC is substantially more expensive I presume the sound is somewhat "better"; not sure how much; no chance to pre-listen beforehand any of these products so I would appreciate a...
By the way - since the Questyle Q192 also has a build in DAC it could also be in the Dedicated source components section... I have seen other websites spit it into: -Amps -Dac/Amps -Dacs making it easier to navigate....
Thank you for an interesting and well written review. And - awsome photos with great lightning - almost looks like a HD800 and Questyle commercial . I read something similar in the InnerFidelity review (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/tight-and-tasty-questyle-q192-dacheadphone-amp) so this Q192 seems to be the real deal. I wish they would do a black version that took up less desk-space (similar to the Resonance Labs Concero HP), but that is details if the sound is...
Just saw the Inner Fidelity review as well. I like it when the reviewer says "It's kind of confusing sounding in the treble". That is exactly what I heard too and what makes this a "nogo" for me. Also I find everything but the sound and price (hence the design, fit, solidity etc) quite a bit nicer than the HD800... Damn... In the end soundquality wins...
For what it's worth here are the collected Nomax hints. (I presume he will correct me if I'm mistaken...) -Mentioned that it's about a new Sennheisser flagship -More than 1500€ -Mentioned "after 20 years" (Orpheus was made 1991 and 2006) -Should come out second half 2014 -Not over ear, not around ear -5-75000 HZ -Dual balanced 3ft cable
Good to hear some agreement. I felt somewhat intimidated to write this mini-review. If the all three headphones sounded the same, and cost was also the same I would take the K812 in a heartbeat - it makes me want to caress the headband.. oups, did I write that? :-)  However, it costs not just a little bit more than the HD800 and in my ears it sounds worse...
Listened to the Audeze LCD2, the Sennheisser HD800 and the AKG 812 at a dealer today with my own music. Transport was an AK120 and a Bayerdynamic A1 amp. First off all the headphones had parts where they were the best. Anyways, here is my completely personal and biased impressions.   Design, fit and quality: (Not so relevant for the sound I know, however...) -The LCD2 is build like a tank, but is heavy and pushed annoyingly on my ears making is super uncomfortable for...
It's a bit confusing with "Mo-Fi", personally I'll always think of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs when seeing that abbreviation... Hmmm...   Cool design though - and on the picture it looks like UD carbon fibre.. or it could be a corse surface from hand polishing..