Posts by jespersen

Hello! Saw the reviews on Innerfidelity of the Q192 and the Concero HP; both getting great reviews and both are in the same price bracket; and with build-in DAC. I'm in the mood for a HD800 set of headphones and contemplating Q192, Concero HP and CMA800R. Since the CMA 800R plus a suitable DAC is substantially more expensive I presume the sound is somewhat "better"; not sure how much; no chance to pre-listen beforehand any of these products so I would appreciate a...
By the way - since the Questyle Q192 also has a build in DAC it could also be in the Dedicated source components section... I have seen other websites spit it into: -Amps -Dac/Amps -Dacs making it easier to navigate....
Thank you for an interesting and well written review. And - awsome photos with great lightning - almost looks like a HD800 and Questyle commercial . I read something similar in the InnerFidelity review (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/tight-and-tasty-questyle-q192-dacheadphone-amp) so this Q192 seems to be the real deal. I wish they would do a black version that took up less desk-space (similar to the Resonance Labs Concero HP), but that is details if the sound is...
Just saw the Inner Fidelity review as well. I like it when the reviewer says "It's kind of confusing sounding in the treble". That is exactly what I heard too and what makes this a "nogo" for me. Also I find everything but the sound and price (hence the design, fit, solidity etc) quite a bit nicer than the HD800... Damn... In the end soundquality wins...
For what it's worth here are the collected Nomax hints. (I presume he will correct me if I'm mistaken...) -Mentioned that it's about a new Sennheisser flagship -More than 1500€ -Mentioned "after 20 years" (Orpheus was made 1991 and 2006) -Should come out second half 2014 -Not over ear, not around ear -5-75000 HZ -Dual balanced 3ft cable
Good to hear some agreement. I felt somewhat intimidated to write this mini-review. If the all three headphones sounded the same, and cost was also the same I would take the K812 in a heartbeat - it makes me want to caress the headband.. oups, did I write that? :-)  However, it costs not just a little bit more than the HD800 and in my ears it sounds worse...
Listened to the Audeze LCD2, the Sennheisser HD800 and the AKG 812 at a dealer today with my own music. Transport was an AK120 and a Bayerdynamic A1 amp. First off all the headphones had parts where they were the best. Anyways, here is my completely personal and biased impressions.   Design, fit and quality: (Not so relevant for the sound I know, however...) -The LCD2 is build like a tank, but is heavy and pushed annoyingly on my ears making is super uncomfortable for...
It's a bit confusing with "Mo-Fi", personally I'll always think of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs when seeing that abbreviation... Hmmm...   Cool design though - and on the picture it looks like UD carbon fibre.. or it could be a corse surface from hand polishing..
First Magazine test of the new Phonitor 2 by the German Magazine "Stereoplay"   Here my draft translation from the German part of the SPL website: The following were tested: Auralic Taurus MK2 ( 1,800 euros ) , pathos Aurium ( 1,200 euros ) and the Phonitor2 ( 1,650 euros ). The Bryston BHA -1worked as a reference. "First, the Phonitor2 had to put its skills as a pre-amp to the test .... In comparison to the Bryston BHA -1  the Phonitor 2 played freeer, more radiant,...
Hi arcorob; Its higly interesting that taste in music and mastering versions and media is so individual. I personally think that most modern CD masterings are horrible and prefer LP's in that case, whereas the "old" stuff I typically find great on CD - the exact opposite of yourself. I do find it a interesting that you like the "warm" vinyl sound, but also the "hard" typically block-limited CD's of present times . I do find your description of vinyl as "warm" very true...