Posts by azif

Thanks! will have a play, had those settings already on the stx, but will have a play around with the gain.
Just got my hd600s after using ad700s for a while.   I have: Xonar STX >>> RCA >>> Matrix Mstage >>> HD 600   Can't really hear much of a difference between: Xonar STX >>> HD 600     Am i doing something wrong, what settings should i be using?
I ordered friday if its a sucesss will post here
Anyone know a better deal than $300 shipped from a grey importer?
So in your opinion the HE500's are substantially better than the 600s?   My budget was originally < 500 for the setup... i've already bought amp/dac for around 200. So ideally i would spend around 300 and get the HD600s unless there is a good reason to stretch and get some HE500s second hand or something like that
I've got an essence stx and a matrix mstage and not looking at tweaking. Just after a set of headphones that will satisfy in terms of incremental improvements in sound would be minimal vs price   My budget was originally < 500 for the setup... i've already bought amp/dac for around 200. So ideally i would spend around 300 and get the HD600s unless there is a good reason to stretch and get some HE500s second hand or something like that
Asked in another thread but thought id try here if i'm going to buy one pair of headphones and dont plan on upgrading again how much would i be missing out on by just owning the hd600s - if i heard hd650s or even the hd800 / he 500s would they completely destroy the 600s?   Just trying to understand whether the 600s are pretty much the ultimate best value headphones before further improvements are minute?
Cheers appreciate the reply   Im actually in australia so meetups i think might be a bit hard and there are very few places nearby me to try them on.   I've been through the thread you linked and have been looking at the A+ value phones in my price range. The thread seemed to rank the he400s in the same range i thought and from the other threads ive read for my listening tastes they would be more suitable. Though given they would run me an extra 50% on top of the...
I originally just wanted to spend $100 and get something decent but i've now been lurking on the forums and looking for bargains. So now I've ended up with AD700, Xonar Essence STX, and a matrix mstage amp.   Now im looking at upgrading the headphones (wondering what i am missing out on using the ad700s) and looking at: HD600 ~ $300aud HD650 ~ $400aud HE400 ~ $450aud DT880 (250ohm)~ $260aud   I'm trying to find something that I wont feel like i need to...