or Connect

Posts by marshallmole

Thanks for the good words my friend! I didn't put any advertising words in my listing so that only those who know its value will make the bidding. Like I said I'm more than happy to keep it with me. 
That's what I did--bought a pair of velours from Head-direct and took the rings for pad rolling. 
Thank you. Now we should say it's not rumor any more. It's in the process of being discontinued...
 One thing I'm pretty sure of is that Hifiman is no longer a 'small business' per se, if that's what you're referring to...  If the rumors are real they may be discontinuing HE-6 very soon, so here's some more pressure for you... 
This Month ??? That's insane...
Mine is actually 1/8 inch at 50 duro. 
Yes I agree it might have to do with the specific configuration, size, etc. I will listen for some more and decide if I need to change something. It would indeed take a lot of experiment, equipment and time to objectively understand the effect function of this mod, and then it would still be headphone-dependent I guess. 
SOLD   Selling LFF's Enigma in his special Suji finish. This one is serial no. 6 so a very early production. I'm the second owner. Total usage is less than 300 hours. No obvious scratch or defect (the wood finish itself contains some kind of surface irregularity, which probably 'shelters' minor scratches nicely).    Comes with two cables (one balanced 4 pin xlr and one 1/4 inch) in original box (very sturdy and protective). Total retail price when new should be over...
Here are some pics of my sorbothane mod on HE6:       It's by no means a neat work, but I personally think it won't look bad if you could space out the sorb patches more regularly. I 'stacked' two patches together at the bottom part of the ring, because of the lack of room for more patches. (I'm going with the 'extreme' version of the grill mod which is no grid at all... but you should be able to re-attach grills after this mod, if you just keep the size of sorb...
I may be able to take some photos tomorrow. Now it's too dark to make out the details, as the black sorbothane is attached to the black interior housing.