or Connect

Posts by pat1984

I had a big problem with my PD today which I finally fixed but with a lot of headache involved. I had recently bought a 128GB Sandisk MicroSD card and put it in my PD. Yesterday somehow the card got corrupt and the PD could not read it anymore. I had to reformat the card and I tried to test with some other cards I have. Even with other cards I was getting stuck on database update screen on the PD. I decided to downgrade the firmware and try again. I was on 1.11 and went...
Very interesting little device. Would love to compare it to the Fiio E11 and Caying C5...
I don't think being loud is same as being able to drive something well. My Note 3 can get very loud with many of my iems and headphone but it certainly can not drive them well.
Though the X3 I sounds very good, I would put PD in a different class. I agree that with no dsp the PD might sound a bit sterile but why would you even consider a cowon dap if you do not use their excellent dsp settings? I have been using the Plenue D for a couple of months now (have setup custom eq for different IEMs that I use regularly) and everytime I compared it to my X3, the X3 sounded much inferior in terms of soundstage, imaging and refinement of sound. I am a...
It would be much more helpful if you can tell us what kind of sound you are looking for (bass heavy, neutral, more high end etc.). Do you prefer IEM or headphones? Would you consider any other headphone or do you specifically want the momentum? I am sure others will be able to give much better answers once they know your preferences. I personally think that your headphones are the most important part of the sound chain, so first step of upgrade should be the headphone/IEM...
The D does not have Blue-tooth .....
I don't have the M2 only the PD. From what I have read, the touchscreen on the M2 is not really great and the sound quality and format support is definitely better on the Plenue D. I wanted an audio player and PD was the clear choice for me. If you want to play videos then definitely PD will not do that. My impression about the PD has been very positive so far. I am not getting 100 hours but maybe somewhere in the vicinity of 40 or so but thats good enough for me. The...
I did experience a minute click the first time while going from "about a girl" (track1) to "come as you are" (track2) on the "Nirvana unplugged" album on 16 bit FLAC files stored in my class 10 samsung microsd card, but subsequent tracks did not have any pop or gaps. Also when I played the album a second time, the pop that was there the first time was gone as well. So I turned off (not sleep) the Plenue D and played the album again after turning on and this time there was...
if you go to cowon.co.kr you will find the Plenue D UCI on the main page towards the right side.
Has anyone looked at the new upload of PlenueD UCI (user creative interface) on the Cowon Korean website? I am new to Cowon DAPs and have no idea what it does but I am guessing it is a user interface customization tool? May be some of you with more experience with Cowon DAPs can let us know. Thanks...