Posts by pat1984

Maybe buy an xba1 or gr07? I am not sure but maybe someone else can help. Sorry
I was actually talking about the ones with foam inserts in them. I will see if i can find them on sale anywhere.     My XBA1 also came with similar tips but the gr07 ones are a little more stiff silicone and for me they sound better.
Thanks to everyone who suggested the foam filled hybrid tips for the A83, I am using the ones that came with gr07 and can now enjoy the A83 even more. This may be my last universal IEM purchase as they seem to be everything I want. I usually make a cinch with the cable ties as rubber bands get sticky after some time.
Very nice review! I simply love reading your reviews as it seems to me that they are very detailed and description of the sound signature is easy to understand. I have another question though. I have the altone and love their sound signature, how would you compare these? Do you think I should buy the arcana or do you think that the altones are very similar if not a little better? Thank you for the great reviews, please keep them coming.
Have been listening to the 770 since yesterday and have to say that it is a really great sounding player. Its synergy with some of my iems is just unbelievable. Listening to Morning Phase (Beck) through the altones is just phenomenal. I think i like its sound better than the X3 but have to do more careful listening with different headphones and iems. The UI is really primitive though, even compared to the X3, which is saying something.   BTW are any of you experiencing...
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some want a more smooth treble and heavy bass while some others prefer a treble heavy signature with punchy bass. As far as I am concerned, I am still in love with the altone 200 as for me its amazingly detailed with almost no sibilance issues along with great punchy bass and nice mids. I am yet to find an IEM with better value given I got them for just $125. I am going to get the A83 soon and then can form an opinion about...
Thanks a lot for the reply, i was just worried that i may have received a defective unit. Anyway the C5 has a lot of power, i use it with my altone 200 and even at low gain i barely need the volume potentiometer to be just a little more than 2. I use the LO from fiio x3.
Just received my C5, does not sound that great right away but hopefully it will get much better with burn in. Compared to my FiiO E11 though, it still sound a little better already so I can only hope it will improve over time. I notice a slight channel imbalance with the left channel being dominant at very low volumes. Has anyone else experienced the same issue and more importantly do you guys think that this channel imbalance can become noticeable over time even at higher...
Thanks I will try the PL-50. By the way, have you listened to the KC06? If you have, can you please compare their midrange to the PL-50? I love the Ostry midrange but find it lacking in other departments.
Great review @mark2410. Can you suggest any other IEM with similar sound signature as the altone 200 but maybe with a more forward midrange? I love the altone but find something missing especially in the midrange.  Sound preference is very subjective so I am not sure how much an IEM would be worth to you in $ but IMHO I am not aware of many triple hybrid IEMs which have better sound and are as competitively priced as the altones... Just my $0.02...